Hibernation

How long do you wait until you realize you need to wake up? Hibernating has purpose in the animal kingdom, but sometimes I feel my peers mask their laziness in it. Hibernation does not equate Procrastination. I'm talking about people who sleep on responsibilities, whatever they are. They're unique to everyone and need to be addressed on their own terms. The most obvious as simple as cleaning after yourself, so nobody has to deal with what you've left behind. I wonder how we've gotten this far and never considered all the things someone else might be doing on behalf of us.

I wonder if others understand the consequence of their carelessness, if they're aware of themselves. It's clear that some people don't think about these things and it's a real hazard at home and work. When someone would rather slack off, another person has to clean the mess left behind, right? I can't help but notice the lack of care and maybe I'm imagining it, but I'm usually resolving all the little stuff on top of my own tasks. If we're physically-able, no one should be held responsible for anyone's mess but their own.

Since no one likes confrontation, how can we motivate and help one another? Since I can't control the actions of the others, the best I can do is change my attitude. I've started leaving notes around the spaces we constantly use, about things that need to be taken care of daily. I don't know how effective these reminders are, but my hope is that it reinforces good habits. It makes me wonder if animals coming out of hibernation ever understood warning signs within national parks, or just avoided those situations altogether.

The littlest tasks become the biggest obstacles as we keep sweeping basic responsibilities under the rug. We shouldn't need to be reminded about this as adults, yet here we are. I'm not saying everyone has to think the same way as me, but I don't understand why my peers pretend that keeping things in order is not on their priorities. I don't see how clutter is acceptable; I couldn't function if things were out of place, or all over the place for that matter. Maybe I'm just a little bird in this bear cave and I'm the only one who cares to keep all of their eggs in a row. Hibernation should have ended a long time ago, but I guess that's how the natural order goes.