Alone Together

The saying goes, "forgive and forget," but I'm realizing I can no longer move on from it. There have been one too many incidents that have made me rethink my willingness to see past other's faults. Don't get me wrong; nobody's perfect, but if we keep accepting the Same mistakes over again, how do we expect to resolve anything? I realized I've tolerated enough of this negligence, consistent tardiness regarding arrangements that were made under mutual agreements.

You'd think if we devoted to meeting at the same time, everyone would comply. How wrong was I to believe that those commitments would be respected. There have been incidents where some party members never even showed up ... How hurtful is that, knowing that they never came out? How can I trust any of these people to support me if they can't make themselves present? I know that their time is as important as mine, but I'm not sensing any respect reciprocated toward that right now.

What's the point of us sitting at the table together if we aren't going to accept or acknowledge each other's feelings. There's no denying the tension building walls between us. Everyone needs to accept and realize this. I don't necessarily sit silently because I've got nothing to say, but Y'all need to understand how disappointing it is that we cannot face our own emotions. How could You expect me to accept your own feelings? Why is it so difficult to get to the core of ourselves? The truth being We fear Confrontation, believe it or not.

Perhaps I expect too much of everyone; I thought these aspects would improve as time went on, but nothing's seemed to change and I'm just as frustrated as the first time everyone came late. It's happened so often that I've stopped counting. Maybe the worst has come true and our egos got the best of us. We're so concerned with retaining a picture-perfect portrait that we forget what it's like when someone gets hurt. Making promises we can't keep and looking for any excuse to cover it up.

How many times have I turned a blind eye to missed opportunities? How many times have I forced myself to move on without apology? How many times have I repressed my own embarrassment and resentment. I won't stand for this anymore. If you want to hold a gathering, that's fine - But If you can't stay committed to your own deadlines, then there's no point in me trying to meet you halfway. I'm sorry if this is a painful read, but maybe you'll understand now, what it feels like being Alone Together.

Comments