Poetry - Nice Companion

Something about Gentlemen
that I've yet to explain -
Every time I'm around them,
I lose part of my brain.

Confession: I tend to fall Easy
for those who call me "Miss,"
Courtesy might be corny, but
I admire genuine kindness.

How far does Cupid's Arrow fly
For the soft-spoken and Shy?
Perhaps I aim it too high
For the lonely, Nice Guy.

Coaxed out of Silence
with our simple, Small Talk.
No Place for him to hide in;
Instead, He takes a walk.

Maybe He enjoys this Distance
and prefers to be Discreet.
Though, I can't help but Notice
every time our Eyes Meet.

What's the Difference between
intimacy and companionship?
The Line gets blurred too often
and Emotions leave me perplexed.

- - - - -
Sometimes I trick myself into thinking that I admire someone enough to share intimacy with them. However, when I take off my rose-colored glasses, I start realizing maybe I just enjoy their company. I could sit with them and be happy, but who would want any of that? If they ever read this entry, I've got a special message for them: Would you let me be your plus one (+1) ? I guess that's an innocent day dream and nothing beyond that. I'll still openly adore you, whether we move forward or not. I'm glad we could be friends, even if nothing else happens. Thank You for being a Nice Companion.

Comments