Poetry - Conversing Hardships

Do We fool ourselves into thinking
We need Someone's Company?
People naturally Desire connection,
but What would anyone Want
With Me? I ask this consistently.

I've always expressed dislike for
Wasting Time - especially not mine.
No games are played; only People.
I'll let them know I'm not worth it,
Moments pass regardless of that.

We spend many nights searching
for Compassion - Come and lend
Your ears, so the lonely don't Panic.
Maybe our shoulders are props and
Importance gets lost in the banter.
Bottom Line: we want to be Wanted.

So, what are we doing at this hour?
Introversion challenges Loneliness;
We use to talk without discomforts.
I wish I could speak to them freely
Without feeling needy- If there was
something in common between us.

- - - - -

We use to talk to one another so easily, frequently, but something happened and the airwaves went silent. I suppose that's the way it goes.

Comments