Dream - Crying Canine

Not even 24 hours after departing with the pharmacy last week (09/01/2017), I had an unusual experience in my sleep - a dog cried incessantly in the background of everything. I thought the sound would disappear if I left it alone, but it continued, even as the sequence carried on. I could hear muffled conversations in another room, but the dog cried over that, too. Apparently, no one else heard it; only I was aware of the weeping dog. As if the sound was on a frequency that only I could hear, like when dog whistles are blown. I don't remember what he looked like, but as soon as I found it and stroked his back, the whimpering stopped; cries eased into a sigh of relief.

I don't know if you could call this a "dream", as the vision made it seem as if I'd never left my room. The concept was more like an audio-experience than foggy images playing in my mind. Nevertheless, my subconscious wanted to reveal something, so I studied the symbols. Dogs could represent a number of things; loyalty, generosity, protection. The animal cried throughout the entire dream sequence. I remember thinking: why did no one else help? I came to the conclusion that the canine reflected me and my values - I had been working like a Dog until this point. I neglected my instincts, following the orders and demands of my job at the pharmacy. I focused so much energy on mastering my tasks that I didn't practice much self-care.

I greatly anticipated the end of August, at the end of my temporary employment, as Kai and I were about to reward ourselves with our annual Labor-Day Las Vegas getaway.  As soon as we hit the road, the work-related issues were no longer relevant to me. We spent the whole week nurturing ourselves: resting, soaking (literally) and all the comfort food you could stomach. Since neither of us consume substances for recreational use, we spend most of our time in Sin City being gluttons. I didn't receive any odd visions or sounds during this stay, but the crying canine remained at the back of my mind. I mean ... Every Dog has it's Day and our vacation was well deserved, but how long must I wait until I can treat myself again? Something I've yet to figure out.

- - - - -

"Look at your Girl, She Loves it!
(Look at Her) I can see it in her eyes,
She Hopes this lasts Forever ..."
- N.E.R.D., She Wants to Move *

* The song, "She Wants To Move" talks about a woman who wants to be free of restrictions and have fun on the dance floor. At the beginning of their music video, you'll see a Red dog with bright blue eyes barking and his image reappears throughout, hmm ... One of my favorite songs from this group.

Comments