From M'lady Mdlay

The other day Dad handed me an envelope; he commented that it may have been dropped off to our mail box personally. It had no stamps or return address, just sealed with my name written across. I recognized the handwriting almost immediately and opened it to confirm. A single card fell out, lined with glitter and an illustration of a sun sparkling over purple mountains. It read, "True friendship isn't about being inseparable, it's being separated and nothing changes." Then, printed on the inside, "Even if we don't talk everyday, a bond as strong as ours is capable of shortening any time or distance between us-- making us closer than ever before. Our Friendship Means So Much."

One of my best friends since middle school had sent this over, unbeknownst to me. She had written a sweet message too, I'll share at the end of this. I felt so touched! Then, I wondered if she delivered cards to anyone else? I pondered possible reasons as to why she wrote to me, but concluded that it's a reminder of our existence. She made an extremely kind gesture, so I messaged her with gratitude. Part of me wishes that I knew about the drop off sooner, but I suppose that makes it such a great surprise. I'm always trying to reunite with this person to catch up on things, now in our adult years. It seems we only have so much time to meet each other yearly, if we're lucky to align the stars.

These last few years, I've made a number of new friends and I'm grateful for all of our different encounters. I'm curious if I'm remembered by the friends and peers I had growing up? I know Social Media exists to reconnect us on some level, even if it's momentary. Every one of us have become unique people, but that doesn't dismiss the bonds we share. Sometimes I'll wonder if it's still there. I think about this ocassionally - Admittedly, there are times when I'm too timid to reach out. How do you tell someone that their presence is missed? I didn't know I meant that much to someone, until this letter came in the mail. A small reminder that somebody still cares is enough to wake me up.

"I am so proud and fortunate that you are my friend. I hope we can continue our friendship for many, many years ... like old lady BFF's-status. LoL - Anyway, I love you and I hope you never forget." Thank You, Dear Yaz.

- - - - -
Related Content:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZSjy6Yhvgr/ - Her card to Me. This pulled my heart strings!
http://atcampiris.blogspot.com/2017/06/the-roaring-20.html - "The Roaring 20's"
https://puremystery.livejournal.com/164477.html - Poetry, "Victims of Vanishing"

Comments