Personal Investment

Lately, I haven't been publishing entries as frequently as I would like to, but that's because I've been putting time into other projects. Investing in myself might be one of the hardest things I’ve ever done, though. I mean, How do you gauge self-improvement? Truly, a Gemini problem: whenever one side of me cries, "I can't do this," the other side of me fights to prove them wrong. I'm learning that I’ve got to start trusting myself more often. Despite my doubts and skepticism, movement on this path continues propelling me toward the things I desire. To exude confidence, reinforced by the ultimate, "anything-is-possible" motivation, I know that I can achieve greatness through more hard work and determination.

I spent most of October harnessing my artistic skills; this marks my first attempt to complete "Inktober" prompts and the first time in awhile that I'd put anything into a sketchbook. I enjoyed these activities as they forced me to visualize and create something everyday of the month. I hadn't practiced anything like this since studying illustration in school, so it instilled a sense of discipline. Admittedly, there were prompts that felt more difficult to execute than others, but I learned to grow from those challenges, value myself and the effort. This turned out to be an amazing reawakening for me - actively participating in the art-community ignited an old flame in my soul. All in all, I'm happy that I started drawing again!

Just when I thought I'd spend another month exploring "funemployment", I've been given an opportunity to work within an office in Pasadena. Similar to my artistic efforts, this position offers "firsts" to my list of experiences. This will be my first full-time job that does not require Pharmaceutical knowledge or expertise - The last few years, I've worked solely within Pharmacies, most of which were independent, retail stores. Since becoming a certified technician  (CPhT) in 2015, I realized that this type of work hasn't been fulfilling for me. I intend to apply as much of my existing skills to the new workflow and I look forward to learning as much as I can with them. I'm especially grateful to join their team, as it will be the first time I work within an office setting.

Receiving this job feels like one of my career-dreams is finally coming true. I admit, I don't know where I fit in today's working world, but I've always fantasized about being in an office team. My excitement extends to the smallest detail: getting dressed in business-attire and serving a greater purpose. I told one of my friends about this next venture and they asked, "Why do you think they hired You?" - My response: Ambition. To be honest, I hadn't considered the qualities I see in myself; I just felt fortunate to receive the offer, considering my background. I understand now, the importance of his statement. So I've taken the last few days to prepare, as I'm entering this field blindly. I'm turning a new leaf with acquired skills, but it's important to be a beginner, too. I trust that my supervisor and coworkers will be helpful to me as I propose to be for them.

I feel that much closer to being an independent, business professional, but I'll have to wait and see where it takes me.

- - - - -
Related Content:
http://fav.me/dbsd88h - Inktober 2017 collage, on DeviantArt.
https://twitter.com/puremystery/status/925407180131516416 - Post-Interview Excitement!
https://atcampiris.blogspot.com/2017/10/expect-delays.html - previously, "Expect Delays".

Comments