Poetry - Mind Him

He uses his brain to obtain
Enlightenment, above all things.
Man of intellectual wealth & gain,
Strengthening his spiritual being.

With a mindset gone unmatched,
there’s no denying his Knowledge.
You must know, it pleases me to see
Someone humbly express Intelligence.

Of the aspects I've learned to love,
His artistry & talent stands above.
I’ll assume my affection isn’t mutual,
but I have high respect for him, still.

I must admit I admire him greatly, but
here comes the self-doubt, lingering.
If I do see with rose-colored lenses,
Love blinds the mind of common sense.

Stricken by an angel’s arrows
where the Heart could be the target.
I see the passage is narrow, so
I put my money where my Mind is.

The way we process information,
I'd think there’d be a correlation
between us having crossed paths
that one fateful evening.

- - - - -
I admire this person so honestly, so purely. I feel their mind could be one of the most attractive parts of themselves. The way they think, live and contribute to everything. I think about the doors, the opportunities that this friendship is unlocking; I think about all of things they could teach and show me. I appreciate he who is extremely intelligent and humble. The knowledge may be beyond me, but his presence speaks more deeply. I see beyond the physical and admire them for simply being. Mind Him.

Comments