Poetry - Hit the Ground

Convincing myself that
this path is one to Follow:
Reserve to rejuvenate, Heal
wounds and what's Hollowed.

The time I've invested in
putting confidence to Work,
My greatest fear now is
losing sense of Self-Worth.

Making efforts to grow,
taking initiative to change-
How far must I go to prove
This life won’t be the same?

I love the rhythmic sound
as my soles hit the ground.
Even in my weakest hours,
Strength echoes with each step.

Honestly, I could fall, but
I’m not afraid to feel the hurt.
You’ll see me stand so tall
after a hard day’s work.

Oh Yes! I put up a good fight,
that’s the story I tell myself at night.
It isn’t a blessing, nor is it a curse,
Engage the lesson for better or worse.

- - - - -
There are so many things that distract and stress me out on a day to day basis. I’m learning about my expressions and letting feelings flow more freely, it’s liberating. For a long time, I felt it was necessary to control this aspect of myself. Maybe that’s what made me turn numb in the first place. I’m starting to identify things that trigger the pit in my chest - I aim to understand a little more with each day that passes. I try to worry less about what happens, because I know that I can pick myself up. That’s why I love the sound as my heels hit the ground, because I hear strength in each step.

I'm reminded of a quote, "Life is taught backwards: the Exam comes first and you receive the Lesson after." Ever since this year started, I learned nearly everyone of my friends have their own obstacles to overcome. I wonder if things we previously ignored are finally coming forward? Maybe we suppressed certain truths and the universe decided that we couldn’t ignore them anymore. I was afraid that I might struggle alone, but it looks like we all have learning to do. This is no competition though; you have to understand that everyone grows differently. I may not have myself back to 100%, but I see how things are changing within me and with others.

Comments