Poetry - XXX

Another year passes
it’s Lessons in motion.
Actively work toward
results and liberation.

Still facing challenges
yet to overcome. As
Temptation reveals himself
in many handsome forms.

I will not succumb to any
demons on my shoulders.
I know I am smarter; Yes,
even stronger than some.

Today: one year older,
I am 30 years young.
20’s came and gone, but
still so much to learn.

- - - - -
Today is my 30th birthday. Yes, three decades of living and learning about what I want most in life. What’s more, the lessons keep coming. Some trials have felt unbearable at times, yet I’ve survived them and am perpetually recovering- rather, improving myself. I aim to make the best out of my situations, learning and absorbing what I can. I’m content with how much I’ve grown and done in this world. So the goal now is being myself - breathing in, my self, if you will. Thank You for recognizing my cause of celebration.

By the time this entry goes up, my birthday will have already passed. I’ll be honest, because I didn’t plan to do very much for this milestone. All I knew was that I wanted to spend some time alone, in reflection. I have been looking for areas of improvement and working toward bringing my best self forward for the years to come. These days, I feel that my leisure is best spent relaxing or meditating. I can’t say for sure what will have happened on this birthday, but I’m convinced that it will be special.

Comments