Poetry - Fool’s Fables

“Cheaters never Win,”
Says Tortoise to the Hare.
They doubt his efforts, but
Who wins Fair and Square?

Sometimes we’re lured by
False Sympathies -often
Tricked into thinking that
Other human beings Care.

Sense of trust Corrupted,
Constantly Interrupted
When Peace is Disrupted
by those who Cry Wolf.

Determine if they’re Sincere;
reveal weaknesses and fears.
Caution: Crocodiles shed tears
when Feasting on their Prey.

We’ve Nothing to Discuss if
Someone has Disgust, or
Thinks Lowly of other Lives
That aren’t on their Level.

- - - - -

I wish this poem was more concrete, because I don’t know that the message is clear. I like the concept of [Aesop’s] Fables as there’s a lesson to learn from the faults of others. Sometimes told in short stories with animals as the protagonist. I wanted to speak about this in cryptic verse, though I’m not sure that I captured it accurately. I thought this would be an appropriate topic to try anyway.

Lately, I’ve come across those who take advantage of their situations to reserve hidden agendas. I hate using the phrase “keyboard warrior” to describe them, but it’s true: Shielded by screens to protect their image. Judging all with no remorse, until they undergo their own trials. I know nobody’s perfect, but it’s frustrating seeing someone’s true colors versus the ones they choose to cloak themselves in. Sometimes, I wish they’d keep it to themselves, for fux sake.

You’ve heard the phrase, “treat others as you want to be treated.” It’s difficult to accept this when it’s one sided. I’m naive for wanting to believe the inherent “good” that exists within people. I know not everyone has lived my life, nor do they hold the same thoughts or manners. All I ask is that my perspective of the world is respected, as I have done so for them. I came to the conclusion that I don’t have time for crocodile tears or false sympathies.

People who act with this type of self-righteous privilege shouldn’t be surprised when you don’t reserve kind thoughts for them.

- - - - -

Related Content / Referenced Material:

“People appear like angels until you hear them speak. You must not rush to judge people by the colour of their cloaks, but by the content of their words!”
https://twitter.com/puremystery/status/1022639356312412160?s=21

Comments