A Wise Choice

This year has had about as much happiness as it’s given me hardships. I find myself reflecting on all of the challenges I’ve faced and those that I’m still overcoming. Before my parents went out of town to celebrate the New Year, we briefly discussed our life choices. Knowing the differences between desires and necessities, for example. The paths that we take come with their own unique responsibilities, whether we choose to accept them or not. My hope is that the journey I’m on now will offer me great opportunities and wonderful dreams - Better than experiencing any nightmares or stagnation.

Some of my biggest issues in 2018 involved disappointment and separation from friends and family. I made great progress with emotional growth and can see how it changed my relationships with people. I learned truths about some that I would rather not tolerate; whereas others decided I wasn’t worth acknowledgement whatsoever. I admit I experienced some loss; in some cases, the feeling of defeat hasn’t left yet. At this time, I’m learning to value more of myself and appreciate what I have.

2018 gave me the gift of Humility and taught the importance of Temperance: to be Fair and Kind despite my aggressors. In the past, I had been known to repress myself, only to hold tantrums and lash out against others. Now, I’m being more mindful and acting accordingly. I learned the necessity of patience and forgiveness during moments where compassion may be lacking. I don’t view myself as some type of Saint, but I see how kindness and honesty is rewarding me. I don’t expect everyone to accept my choices, but I’m leading the decent life that follows it.

“You are always one decision away from a totally different life.” What life will you choose today?

Comments