Dream - Lock and Key

I crossed paths with an unlikely character the other week: a desert nomad - slinging a duffel bag over one shoulder, keeping a compass close at hand. Nomads can move freely from one location to the next, with little worry of getting lost in their travels. The desire for adventure goes unmatched; their unyielding confidence in the unknown always impresses me. I shyly acknowledged as the nomad came forward. We had to have met previously for them to approach so comfortably. There were no feelings of fear or anxiety, just two humans sharing space within a dream.

What purpose did they serve; how did our lives align at this time? I imagine Wanderers have a keen sense of direction to navigate in and out of scenes so effortlessly. Here one day and gone the next, characters like this could exit completely unnoticed. I can never tell if a wanderer’s presence is permanent, so I did my best just to be present with them. We shared a meal together and talked of matters close to the Heart. Then, they shared something that had been stashed away - the Nomad reached into his pocket and and gave me a small treasure.

“Thank You for the Present, but What is it?” 
“Consider it a Gift ... Take this Key.” 
As I unwrapped the item, winds came through and took the desert nomad back into the unknown.

Imagine asking a Wanderer for advice if you were ever feeling Lost. Could you locate the door that their key unlocks? Perhaps this offering is intended for another time and place. I wonder if the key is meant to open something within me. It might be some Truth that had surfaced in the Nomad previously. This vision left me with good feelings, wishful thinking, even. To the Desert Nomad who delivered the Key: Thank You for sharing your company. 

Over the past few months, I’ve conversed with different people and discussed the challenges I’ve been facing. Each person I’ve encountered offers their own take on the situation. Sometimes the messages aren't obvious, but our time together and presence are still valid. I reserve prayer for those who are Lost; maybe I should save some of those words for myself. This omen could very well be the "Good" that I've been working toward. In any case, I’m thankful that we saw one another - may we meet again. 

Comments