Royal Family

At the top of the mountain lives a Royal Family: the Joker, King, Queen and Ace. Like court cards in a standard deck, most people only see what’s presented at face value. Corruption of the Family is veiled by deceit and the oppression of bystanders. Despite my attempts to offer assistance and seek resolve, I have been cast away by the highest of their ranks - on few occasions, the Joker, but most often, the King. To this day, I don’t know what sparked them to act so defensively and disrespectfully toward me.

In an act of nonaggression, I choose to not engage the Joker or King, making my presence limited to them and their company. I believe I‘m the only individual they identify as an Antagonist to the family. However, I don’t think the Queen and Ace are like-minded to follow suit. Despite the blatant disregard and unwillingness to communicate, I sustain minor observance of the Queen and Ace. As unfortunate as it is, this practice has pushed me into an unusual state of nonexistence, if you will.

The truth is, I have little desire to converse with the Joker or King, as I have not seen them reserve much respect for me, or the others that they live with. Someday, I hope to have opportunities to speak freely with the Queen and Ace. Our interaction is minimal for now, but I use the time that I have to express only tenderness and kindness with them. My greatest wish is to sit beside them without judgement or restriction. Why deny anyone the unconditional love of their Familiar? Maybe that’s what makes me a Rogue to this Royal Family.

Some of my anguish from this experience has subsided, but I reserve zero expectations of the Joker-King pair. I hold no animosity toward these people, but am greatly concerned for the fate of their kingdom. There are times I wish that they would behave with more consideration for the Queen and Ace. The title of a King suggests the presence of discipline and leadership, but he’s self-proclaimed and has yet to show marks worthy of that rank. I suspect the Joker being a “Wild-Card” is the dominating energy around them. As much as I want to help the situation, all I can do is let the cards fall as they may.

- - - - -
Related Content:

https://atcampiris.blogspot.com/2018/11/ive-heart-strings.html - “I’ve Heart Strings”
https://atcampiris.blogspot.com/2018/08/bereaved-guardian.html - “Bereaved Guardian”
https://atcampiris.blogspot.com/2018/07/do-not-dwell.html - “Do Not Dwell” 

Comments