Dream - Gated Fence

I stood Alone in the dark of night, staring into folds of valleys. Admiring the landscape, veiled in celestial blues and deep forest greens. Looking for Clarity within a blanket of stars  I don't remember exactly how I got there. I understood that the vision was merely fabricated; this may not be Heaven, but it did not take away from my Feeling of Serenity. Surrounded by a type of quiet that makes your Heart beat louder than the Mind. Perhaps the Darkness would show me something on this night.

All seemed peaceful, until another person arrived. A gated fence glowed under the midnight sky to announce their presence. I remember seeing a Staff, not pointed at me, but held firmly within their hand. I'm still trying to decide whether I saw a Shepherd or Gatekeeper: While one man is open to Guidance and Nurturing, the other Judges and Shields himself to everything that crosses his path. They took a stance at the gate. Crossing over this fence would force me to wake up on the other side.

No words were exchanged during this vision, only glances from yards apart. Their eyes had been cloaked, so we would not make direct contact. When I woke, I grew so curious; what Role did I play? Maybe a Sheep who had lost their way - Maybe an unwelcome Stranger who was being asked to Leave. When I think about it, this was MY dream, so How could They do such a thing!? Every time this happens, I have to remember that my Mind is responsible for Everything that I experience.

If I stayed within this dream, would I become another Sheep following the Shepherd's herd? I woke up wanting to know, Who was that Man, really? They may not allow me to see their eyes at this time, but I sense they were "on the fence," about my presence. I don't know that I exist their Friend or Foe. If anyone should ever find this, I hope they have comfort knowing that the Gated Fence is not locked, nor broken. This is when it becomes a Choice: to cross the other side, or stay behind.

The mind is an unusual place where we may find ourselves (and others) prisoner. We always have the option to see ourselves out of it, but only God knows why we don't always choose this.

Comments