Mom, Soft and Strong

The old saying goes, “Mother Knows Best.” - I trust that my Mom knows more than I ever will.

My relationship with my Mother has not exactly been the closest one, but at this stage in Life, I see how we have learned to value and respect each other. I say this and look at how far we’ve come. My Mother might be one of the greatest people I’ve ever known. The way in which she supports our family; treats each individual uniquely and provides unconditional love. I’m Thankful to have her around, because I know that some of my peers may not have the same experience.

 Lately, I’ve been looking at how my growth has been influenced by Mom. I have always seen her as an ideal Role Model when it comes to being career oriented and successful within any organization. In professional settings I’d think, “what would Mom do in this position?” Every day that I get ready for work, I coordinate my best looks, just like Mom. Our fields of interest may be different, but we share a drive for personal success and making our presence known.

Even though I’ve doubted my own decisions in the past, Mom would be the first to say, “If that’s your Choice, then so be it.” When I look back at each decision, She would openly support Me- even if that Choice wasn’t in my best interest. I have had a good deal of mistakes and challenges, probably more to overcome, but Mom would be there to Welcome me Home. This whole time, Mom allowed me to live free of obligation & oppression. I’m happy to learn she has always been That Person.

On some of my worst days, Mom still shares understanding, grace & affection. I’m learning to be more receptive and mindful of this as she has entered her retirement stage. Even now, Mom continues providing selflessly for the entire family and any of those who are passing through. I don’t know that I could reach her level of generosity, but I’m learning to cherish every moment she is with us. Thank You for being Strong, Comforting and all that you are, Mom.

Comments