Dream - No One's Home

A few weeks ago, I came across a modest house at the bottom of a hillside. An old, wooden fence lined the property, neighboring vast plains. I approached the front lawn quietly, as to not make noise or disturb anyone. The night's sky was painted midnight blue, freckled with brilliant stars. The grassy fields appeared moist, as though layered with dew. The Earth felt soft at my feet and all was calm. I grew curious about the house, as it looked familiar. I couldn't tell if this was the house from my childhood, or someone else's dwelling? I decided to walk around, approaching the Right side first.

Here stood a one-story house, with a pair of windows on each wall. The lights had been left on, but the glass panels were veiled by thin curtains. I couldn't see the inside, so I peeked into one of the windows that was left slightly open. The only things visible were bare walls and bed frames. I don't remember living there, but I felt like I needed to go further and find something. I thought I might see someone I recognized, if I just let myself in. After a few minutes of investigating, I realized that I might actually be intruding. I exited on the Left side of the house. As my anxiety kicked in, I heard a voice calling.

"Who is it? Who Goes There?" A Female said.

I didn't recognize her and grew afraid of bringing myself forward. I stepped away from the house, keeping my eyes on the front of the structure - I thought someone was about to step out and find me there. I didn't mean to startle the tenants of the house, even though I found none. The lights stayed on, but I did not actually cross paths with anyone. I left the house the instant I heard another person present. I wonder what might have happened If I were brave enough to find and talk to her? I have no idea what brought me to this Lonely Home.

- - - - -
Related Content:

http://fav.me/ddmxihl - Visual Representation / Sketch of House Front.

This is one of the most vivid dreams I've had this year. I think about it a lot lately, because I'm trying to figure out Who that house belongs to. Even though I don't recall living there myself, the energy around it felt so familiar. All of the Lights were on, but I found out that Nobody was actually there. While we absorb details in Reality, our Dreams are what bring the subconscious forward. I hope I should find this house and greet the person who called out to me. I'll try calling out to her next time.

"So Far I've come to find there's No One Here: No Life and Fear.
I came for Nothing, They Have Gone - and Nobody's Home...

Across the Galaxy to spread the Word and No One Heard.
I came for Nothing, I'm Alone - and Nobody's Home...

For those who Made this place Do Not Remain; They Feel no Pain.
A Stranger Fate was never known."

- Kansas, Nobody's Home.

Comments