Poetry - Leave it Behind You

An older man once told me,
“I set myself Free.”
All the Truth I ever needed,
presented so Honestly.

As I‘d love to Move on,
Every step has seen Delay.
This has not stopped Me
from Seizing every Day.

Oh, How I’ve been Dying
to Relieve myself of the Past!
I must Appreciate my Present
and let the Memories pass.

So many Words left Unsaid.
I doubt that’s what They wanted.
Curious - will They still Follow
When I speak from Confidence?

There are things I want to Tell
and I know They Will Refuse Me.
Now is Not the Time to talk,
as I've yet to Complete this Story.

“Everyone You will ever meet
Knows something You Don’t.”
I Never Wished for this in Life,
but You’re as Close as You’re Allowed.

“You Believe in Death - Leave it Behind You.”

- - - - -
Years ago, I considered an editorial career to pursue my interest in creative writing. My counselor at the time advised me to be wary of the content that I publish on my own. She said this because I may never know who’s watching. Realize my intention is to share and uncover lesser known Truths, while expressing my most authentic Self.

Recognize my deliberate decision to keep these entries public after all these years. Never in my life have I felt I needed to censor my work. There is ultimately nothing to hide, so I feel that I’ve become an exceptionally Strong Writer in that respect. When I publish entries, I free myself of that mental occupancy. It is the utmost importance that I‘m able to express myself in this manner. Take it or Leave it.

To Readers: You are Welcome to interpret and share what you will, but know that this Domain is reserved for my Thoughts and Opinions. I'll assume that's exactly what You came here for. Remember that this Journal and these Words belong to Me. No One will ever take away what I’ve already Built for Myself. Thank You for Reading.

Comments