Poetry - Swallow Poison

Whenever I tasted
Flames on my Tongue,
Instead of spitting out,
I'd Swallow Poison.

My Beliefs and Morals
Constantly Compromised;
in Acts of Self-Betrayal,
I've Accepted many Lies.

Trusting half my Life
on Naive Assumptions
over Dozens of Strikes
with Zero Redemption.

For Years I questioned
both Freedom and Sanity.
How Foolish of Me
to Believe this was Healthy!

What resulted in Confusion
Stunted Growth and Alignment.
I’ve come to the Conclusion
that Choice was always Mine.

Searching for an Exit, there
I found the Hero Sleeping.
Not knowing they Existed
and needed Reawakening.

After regaining Balance,
I made myself a Promise:
None shall ever Harm Me, nor
force Power or Dominance.

As I continue Affirmations,
some no longer Deserve Me.
Let this be Confirmation and
May Truth set them Free.

- - - - -

As of Late, I have been removing myself from something I thought I'd never be able to let go. Readers should find comfort knowing that I survived one of the most difficult times of my Life and have been actively pursuing my best self. It's true what they say: You are the only Person who will "Save" Yourself. I'm surprised to discover I have been the Hero all along. I'm learning to acknowledge what has happened and am leaving my Past-Self behind me. As Truth surfaces, I gladly welcome and embrace the person I'm becoming. I'm happy to finally start seeing Myself.

Reviewing other perspectives, now I can see just how strongly I was influenced; how much persuasion clouded my vision. I repeated certain cycles many times until I was able to confront fear and safely move on from something so hurtful. It took me Years to learn the lessons behind all of this. I'm glad to finally see myself appearing on the Other Side of things. I know there is still a matter of Healing and Recovery, but I can keep moving forward with the work that I've already set before me. Thank You to everyone who has supported me through this and those who continue on Standby.

Comments