Dream - Cheer Leader

I stood in an open grassy area, gathered with hundreds of adolescent students. I imagine I went back to high school as this scene reminded me of the former Football field. We huddled into teams and had the unique task of solving riddles together. This wasn't like an exam or pop-quiz, but instead it was presented as a series of Brain teasers that required students to coordinate and communicate within their respective teams. I imagine this is how people engage ‘Escape Room’ activities. I don't remember who was on my team, but I remember being grouped with a handful of others.

The Incentive for this activity was being dismissed from campus, so some of the students ran around frantically, trying to solve all the puzzles at once. The event organizers kept track of every participant and had portraits of team leaders who completed the challenges. I remember seeing several frames arranged on a table, forming a semi-circle; the Winner's Circle. When I looked closely at the photos, I couldn't recognize any faces and only saw shadows, or silhouettes. I assume these students were Champions of the class. When I saw this, part of me wanted to have my photo displayed with those in the Winner's Circle.

I returned to my team to brainstorm and saw a group of Cheerleaders enter the field - I think they came out to encourage the remaining participants. The squad lined up in formation and just as they were about to start their routine, one of the girls broke down and said, "I'm not ready for this." But the show must go on! Without hesitation, I grabbed a pair of pom poms and started cheering on my own. To be honest, I don't know what came over me? I've never done anything wild like that before. The energy was magnetic and contagious; the other girls followed along and we got the entire stadium chanting!

I don't know if my Dream Team completed any of the Brain Teasers, or if my Portrait was even put on display, but hearing the audience roar was the most excitement I've had in awhile - and then I woke up.

- - - - -
When I have visions as lively as this one, I like to look at as many characters and symbols I can identify, if there's some special message for me. I can't say I've ever led an audience like that in real life, so it felt strange to experience within a dream. I'm curious about the silhouettes I saw at the Winner's Circle. An opportunity to meet new faces? I wonder if they're real people I might meet on the other side of Reality.

I'm not into sports or competitions, but I respect athletes for their skill and dedication. Cheer was never something that interested me, but when my niece joined Drill Team, I remember helping her out after school. I kept a loud, steady count while she practiced routines. I never liked claiming the spotlight, but chanted for a cheerleader instead. Maybe this vision is all about my own confidence and rooting for myself.

"Dear Heart, Don't stop Fighting!
Rhythm ride the Lightning
It's not Hell or Heaven,
Just like Riot Rhythm-

You've gotta march!"
Sleigh Bells - Riot Rhythm

Comments