Poetry - Evolving with Strength

Compassionate and Gentle,
Warm-Hearted to the Touch.
One Sweet Spirit, Sentimental-
Oh, How I missed this so much!

Dear Strength, You appeared to Me
when I sought Courage - Believing
I'd overcome all my Challenges.
Encouraging Me, despite My Doubts.

Acknowledging Wins and Losses,
Even Moments when I was Wrong.
Offering Wisdom and Kindness;
Traits I Desire, both Soft and Strong.

I woke up in Reality and saw You,
Ready to Receive Truth at it's Purest.
Will this Moment last Forever?
-I'm afraid that's not how it works.

How does one even Stop Time?
Turn the Hourglass on it's Side.
For now, clocks cease to Exist as
We Gather to celebrate our Present.

Summoning Strength when I need it,
I know You'll be here to Support Me.
My Favorite part of this Time Spent:
Experiencing your Tenderness infinitely.

- - - - -
Related Content:

http://learntarot.com/maj08.htm - Excerpt from Learn Tarot: "Card 8 represents this energy of quiet determination. Strength is not a flashy card, but one that is solid and reliable. Card 8 also represents patience and compassion. Getting angry is easy when events turn sour, but dealing calmly with frustration takes great strength. So does accepting others and forgiving mistakes. We need strength to mold situations softly."

http://fav.me/ddmy6oo - Card VIII - Strength (inspired by Rider-Waite Tarot) - I love the design of this card, usually portrayed as a brave Woman who embraces a Lion. I imagine Futura would be the fair maiden holding the Beast in her Arms - It's so sweet.

Strength has come forward during some of my most challenging moments. This year alone, I've overcome situations that previously overwhelmed me. I didn't truly understand Fear until I learned that Courage is what's on the other side of it. I have been actively practicing Courage (maybe even foolishly) despite anxieties and fears. I understand that my Fear tends to lie within the Unknown: not being able to predict what comes after the fact. I used to cower when my actions resulted in the discomfort of others, but I'm learning that I exist far beyond that sense of approval. As I've struggled to make personal expressions of Strength, I see that it is something within me regardless of others.

To those who gave me the Truth and Vision that comes with Inner Strength: Thank You for Seeing the light within me when I could not see Myself - Thank You for sharing Courage & Compassion. I am grateful for that and will always reserve Time and Space for You.

Comments