Prism of Swords

When I started learning how to read Tarot cards, I knew someone who occasionally compared themselves to the Knight of Swords. Having the motivations and traits of a noble character, while representing the symbol of Intellect and Knowledge. I admired their ideas and perceptions of the world, but at the same time I felt inferior to them. I always felt as though I were like an Apprentice or Page (Servant), lacking life experiences in general. In my own foolishness, I reserved many Truths - Not just with the Knight, but with others as well.

For the longest time, I had this fear that revealing my Truths would hurt the people I shared myself with. If you can imagine, this made it especially difficult for me to be honest about myself. I was afraid of piercing other people with my words and concealed much of what actually needed to be said. I realized that reserving the Truth caused more harm than anything. Imagine swallowing swords than simply holding them. I often remained silent of myself, unable to express Truth in fear of becoming someone’s burden.

When I started facing Reality and all of the things that I blindly accepted, I saw how much of it had actually been hurting me. There came a point where I could no longer tolerate lies, excuses or poor behavior. I challenged these hardships with the Sword of Truth. I stood up for myself and what I believed in, as I had a strong desire for Justice and Fairness. I accepted my faults as well as the actions of all those who had wronged me. As much as it frightened me to stand on my own, I found the courage to protect myself and continue to do so. I chose to move forward with the Truth for Myself.

As I would have wanted to mend certain wounds and gain closure with challenges, I realized that may never happen with the people I intended to engage. However, I am learning to love and respect myself enough to release the things that no longer serve purpose. I stopped dragging the burdens of my past, learning to loosen daggers that pierce my heart: this stings at first, but once they’re removed, it makes a world of difference in my daily experience. With this understanding and acceptance, I‘m able to honor myself and continue on a path of healing and growth. 

It has taken many months, maybe even years for me to recognize my worth and be where I am. Now I can accept my past so I may move forward comfortably without fear of judgement, nor need for approval or validation. When I was once challenged by a Knight, I‘ve been told that over time I proved myself worthy of the Queen. Having been humbled by my experiences, I continue to approach others with honesty. I am told that some people do not deserve this kind of Grace or Sincerity, but recognize that is who I am. 

Direct Message from Queen of Swords: “I gave You Truth. I am Truth.” May her words be all the conviction you will ever need.

- - - - -
Related Content:

http://fav.me/ddn6sam - Prism of Swords, illustration inspired by Queen of Swords (Tarot)
http://www.learntarot.com/sqn.htm - Learn Tarot, Queen of Swords (reference)

Comments