Deception of the Trap

The following entry contains mature content that may not be suitable for all audiences. Viewer Discretion is Advised.

Dreams fascinate me, because the images we receive are reflections of everything we have ever seen or observed over the course of our waking life. Our brains have the ability to emulate the likeness of people and places, even the obscure details that our eyes capture in passing. The human mind is so powerful that we can create entire worlds that exist exclusively in the subconscious. It is appropriate then to say that imagination allows us to either expand or limit this experience. I bring all of this up because I have seen specific structures and landscapes that I can only access in Dreams.

There is an area I have seen and visited multiple times over the years and I never questioned it's significance, because it always looked plain and simple to me. I would have visions of navigating a Gray Stairwell, where each level has an entrance to another space and time. I don't notice anything striking about this structure, but deep inside, I know I have walked up and down these stairs many times in the past. I identify this as an area of the subconscious where I can access visions or specific memories. The only issue with this is that none of the doors have been labeled, so I tend to wander the Gray Stairwell blindly.

Recently, I received visions of a solid brick wall: initially, it looked like a section from the house I grew up in. It appeared so closely that I needed to distance myself in order to observe the structure in full. Upon further inspection, this brick wall was part of a large Medieval castle surrounded by a moat. I recognized the barriers that prevented me from entering it, but I wanted to know more about this Castle and explore the inside. I noticed a draw bridge opening and took this as my signal of opportunity. Without hesitation, I welcomed myself into the Castle. This entrance seemed all too easy, as though whatever was inside wanted me to go further.

As soon as I looked around, I knew I had seen all of this before - Gray walls surrounding a Stairwell. Was the Castle some type of protective front? Where am I supposed to go from here? Then, my mind revealed a tall Tower - I approached it like a firefly attracted to light. I wanted to know what the Tower had in store for me and climbed it's winding staircase. On this quest I encountered my spirit animal, the Dragon. As she boldly spread her wings, her scales glistened within the walls of the Castle. As beautiful as everything was, I realized these visions may have been barriers protecting me from something even greater.

"No more Filters, No more Distractions!" It became apparent that my Queen of Swords challenged this Tower with a Sword of Truth. As Thunder and Lightning shattered the Castle walls, Flames stripped the Dragon of her Wings and Scales. The path had been violently cleared and all that remained were ashes. I found myself in the Darkness and saw someone standing in front of me ... I saw my teenage self staring into a mirror, bare naked and cold. My heart ached for her as she stood exposed and confused. I didn't like what I saw; I wanted to Shield and Protect her, but at the same time I was fearful to reach out and Save Her. I didn't think I was capable of saving my past self.

The young girl looked up and held a hand to the mirror as though she were calling back to Me; she saw that I was afraid and upset. We reached for one another and I pulled her out of the Darkness, away from this cold gray space. Panicking, I brought her to rest within a golden glowing cocoon; I envisioned an embryo for her. This was a type of warmth and comfort that we both needed in order to feel safe and secure. "I am not Abandoning You, but I want you to Rest here for now." I reassured my younger self. As she curled into the cocoon, I waved goodbye to her within this dream space. My heart felt unease from the images I received, but I knew they were all things that I needed to see.

I realize parts of this vision involved my subconscious actively protecting me from my past trauma. The old Brick Wall, the large scale Castle, the Tower, the Dragon, all layers of personal protection for something that was deeply embedded within my mind. However, curiosity allowed me to explore this freely and the symbols surrendered themselves almost immediately. The intention is to return to the newly found space, the golden cocoon, so I may heal my past self. I'm glad to have found a safe place to do so, but it will require all of the parts and emotions in cooperation to work. If you sat through this entry, Thank You for joining me for an episode of Trauma Reprocessing. Until Next Time.

- - - - -
Deception of the Trap. also known as: Pain of the Protected.

Related Content:

http://learntarot.com/maj16.htm - Excerpt from Learn Tarot: "How you respond to the Tower's change makes all the difference in how uncomfortable the experience will be. Recognize that the disruption occurred because it was needed. Perhaps embracing the change is too much to ask, but try to find the positive in it. In fact, you may feel tremendous release that you have finally been forced in a new direction. You may have a burst of insight about your situation and reach a new level of understanding about it."

http://fav.me/ddnzrjg - Tower Dragon (visualization / illustration)

https://atcampiris.blogspot.com/2020/01/white-wisp.html - White Wisp (Fear)
https://atcampiris.blogspot.com/2019/12/prism-of-swords.html - Prism of Swords (Truth/Acceptance)
https://atcampiris.blogspot.com/2019/12/poetry-evolving-with-strength.html - Evolving with Strength (Courage/Compassion)
https://atcampiris.blogspot.com/2019/12/lonely-tear-drop.html - Lonely Tear Drop (Sadness)

Comments