Graces and Gifts

Some relatives came to visit the other week and I spent that afternoon with them. The last time we all gathered was at a Family Reunion in October, before the Winter Holidays came around. I don't know that I've had the chance to talk to them casually outside of the Holidays, but I took the opportunity to do so as everyone else in the house had been napping. My cousin was genuinely curious about my experience as an adult. We shared conversations as she prepared food in the kitchen; it was bonding that I didn't know I needed.

My cousin is 12 years younger than me and her mother is known for being one of the Protective-hens in our family. There were times in the past when I thought my interests would affect my cousins lives negatively, so I rarely shared my experiences with them. I always appreciated my Cousin's accomplishments with Missionary Work and her interest in Ballet - Truly, a Graceful person. I value her devotions and the Patience she has with her Mother. While I appreciate my Aunt, I don't know that I would reserve the same amount of tolerance.

I was pensive about relaying certain details to them, because I know my Aunt has spent her entire being sheltering her daughters from unnecessary harm. I found myself in another situation where I was afraid of revealing my Truths, but I realized that I wanted to be completely honest with these people. I made it a point to express everything I had been processing over the last half of 2019 and beyond. All of the work I had been putting into myself: pursuing therapy, removing personal attachments, ending relationships, refocusing time and energy - all of this was brought forward in our discussions.

To my surprise, my aunt and cousin were extremely kind and understanding about everything that I wanted to share. I wasn't belittled or discouraged by them in anyway and my Aunt even suggested that her daughter Pray for Me. Up until this point in my life, I've sat with other people as they prayed for our family as well as other hardships, but this might be the first time anyone has offered Prayer specifically for Me. I held hands with my cousin and closed my eyes as She spoke to God:

"Thank You for helping Paris remove herself from the unhealthy relationships that no longer serve her. Thank You for giving Paris the Strength so she could bring herself out of those difficult situations. We ask that You bless her with the time and energy that she needs to Heal her Wounds - Please help alleviate her of the past and any other hardships that arise. We're so Thankful that Paris is here and able to share with us today, because She is so Loved." As my cousin said this, I broke into tears and embraced her. "Paris, Know that You are so Loved." my cousin repeated.

As I wiped my tears, I Thanked my relatives for their reassurance and comfort. I asked my cousin if she still pursued Ballet and she said, "I'm not great at Freestyle, Jazz, or Modern genres. Whenever I'm about to perform Ballet, I ask God to lift me into his Light. I feel his Love through Dance and it makes me feel Free." That was the most beautiful thing I've ever heard her say. I told her I'm not classically trained, but I considered performing Freestyle as means of my own expression. She replied, "Give your Burdens to God; they say His Yoke is Easy and the Burden is Light."

I rarely experience moments with relatives when it's just me and one other person. The fact is, I have many family members and I still have anxieties opening up about myself. Since this conversation, I started performing light Freestyle after working out; my experience has been liberating so far. I don't know that I'm graceful as my cousin's ballet, but I feel that I'm Free to move and release myself through flowing. I'm Thankful my cousin Prayed for my Healing and will continue doing everything I need to become my Best Self.

Thank You for Supporting me through all things, even if we do not speak with each other every day.

- - - - -
Related Content:

https://youtu.be/RavJlMgsCtQ - Footage of Light Freestyle with "Flow Wand".

Comments