No Man Dreams Alone

By the fate of the stars, I spent time with an old friend of mine, the Nomad. A wanderer who travels freely, wherever their passions take them. Spontaneous in nature and as familiar as the Fool; following the beat of their own drum. Though Nomads are mostly known for their elusiveness, I'm comforted whenever I find myself in this one's company. Our encounter felt like a long awaited reunion; I came bearing curiosity.

“Tell me, Why is it Difficult for You to find Companionship?”
“Hmm. I have a hard time Communicating with people, I guess.”
"You have no problem talking to Me. What makes it Different?”
“You’re Kind. You’re one of the rare few who’s willing to meet me Half-Way.”

I began to wonder if this is why some prefer the quiet Loyalty that comes with Animals over the words of complete Strangers. Still timid as though it seemed, we were able to reopen gates of communication that had once been shut. I felt relief in this exchange as we shared honestly and sincerely with one another.

"Ah, God. Why is it so hard Letting Go of the Past!"
"There's a fear in Letting go, because you don't know what's going to happen once you Release it."
"Wow ... And What happens if the other person Never Lets Go?"
"-So What if they Don't! Oh well, haha."

For the first time I can recall, I saw the Nomad as if I were looking into a mirror. I saw someone who accepted me as I addressed my challenges, responding with Understanding and Compassion to ease my woes. Someone who was willing to give me all that I desired and the feeling was reciprocal. This warmed my heart.

"Listen: Thank You for seeing me to the Other Side,"
"You're Fine. But What do you mean by that?"
"I Woke Up -- And it’s Good to finally See You."
"Of course! It’s Nice to see You too."

Our time spent together was so pleasant, as though it came from a Dream. It makes me wonder if our gatherings are meant to be episodic? This time, Happiness did not abandon Me as I watched the Nomad leave. During my awakening, the World became as vivid and colorful as it has ever been. I hope to be brave enough to travel as freely as a Nomad, so I may live to see the rest of it.

Nomad Means a Loner, but No Man Dreams Alone.

- - - - -
Related Content:

http://fav.me/ddnslhk - Man and Companions, illustration.

Thank You for Having Me. Until we Meet Again.

Comments