Poetry - Two Starters Abound

As I once viewed us as equals,
this was not the real case.
Two of us challenged people,
staying together to Save Face.

Had I listened to my family and
taken warnings close to Heart,
Would’ve saved me much Grief
to Release You from the Start.

Our surface-level chemistry
suggested some normality.
Failing to address our Histories
resulted in unpleasant realities.

I chose to see the Best in You,
while Denying my Existence.
Wanting to aid your Traumas,
but you held back in Resistance.

I wanted to see You Grow and be
the Greatest version of Yourself.
Little did I know, Your Intentions
kept My Potential on the shelf.

Sharing so many of our days
within both Joy and Sadness.
In pursuit of Companionship,
No one Deserved Madness.

- - - - -

Two Starters Abound,
Start out Saber Down.
At Our Best and Worst,
Two Sad Boats Return.

Comments