Dream - Mouse in the Maze

I crawled through a series of narrow tubes and couldn't turn around to see the path behind me, so each movement needed to be deliberate and exact. The walls were white and textured like Styrofoam; it looked dimpled and coarse. I could hear my body shifting through the tubes, screeching against the Styrofoam surface. The scene reminded me of independent thriller films, wandering a sterile maze, looking for an exit without any map or assistance. It was uncomfortable navigating this strange place alone.

On one of the turns, I came across what I imagine was supposed to be a vault. I thought there might be some type of prize waiting on the other side. Upon entering, I saw a shower head mounted on the wall and a small drain on the floor. I noticed stagnant water puddled around the corners of the room; I thought it might have been urine. The vault sealed behind me and I was now trapped in the filthy bathroom. The shower started running and as I rinsed myself, the stagnant water started rising as well. I made it to what I thought was the "end" and felt great discomfort in that very moment.

I had this unusual dream at the beginning of the week, so I've spent time thinking about the images I saw and what I experienced. After the dream, I pictured myself as a laboratory rat, crawling inside the Styrofoam tubes. I don't know if someone was monitoring my movements, but I was curious where the maze came from. I imagine this dream may be about my current experience within the Rat-Race. I wouldn't say my vision was prophetic in any way, but it's clear that my subconscious has been working hard to reveal these themes and symbols at this time. After reviewing my actions and the recent string of events, I'm starting to see dots connect.

Regarding our current social climate, I've been presented with challenges that involve important decision making. My presence is equally important as my absence. If I make myself present with my employer, I can complete in-office tasks and continue receiving income to support myself financially - If I am absent to isolate or quarantine, I protect myself and the people I live with. I've received instructions to stay home, then told to resume working, as my position cannot be done remotely. It's been an extremely stressful time for everyone and I'm having trouble knowing which way to move.

I received an internal message the other day and will pose the same statement here: "Now is the time to do what You Want to do. If you had all the Time in the World, what would You Want to Do with Yourself?" I'm not even sure what's the best thing to do in this situation, so I'm taking time to Pause.

Comments