Choose Community

Prior to this massive global shift, I felt like I finally started gaining traction on personal goals and where I thought I wanted to be in Life. Every day that we continue, I ask myself if the decisions I've made are the right ones. I'm struggling to make sense of everything and I know I am not alone; I've gone over these concepts multiple times by myself as well as with others. Taking time to pause and reflect has helped me understand myself, so I'm trying to shift my way of thinking for the time being.

Last month, I had an opportunity to interview with a promising employer; a place I thought would help excel my career as a communicator, as an assistant. I imagined this position would be the next level for me. I had been in close correspondence with one of their recruiters and it sounded like I was a highly desirable candidate. However, on the day I was scheduled for my 2nd interview, the hiring manager cancelled for an emergency meeting to review issues regarding the growing pandemic.

While I would have loved to change scenery and gain experiences with the proposed role, I understand there are greater things the employer needs to address at this time. The services they provide would be considered Front-line work in the Medical Field. As much as I would love to help, I don't know that the employer would have resources to teach and monitor me, given the situation. I don't know that I would be mentally prepared to face any of those challenges, either. Postponing this opportunity was one of those "Blessings in Disguise," as some might say.

Over the past few weeks, I've made myself available at home to help when I can. I voluntarily stayed behind to be with my family as I do not want to put our home / community at risk of infection. I still ask myself if it was the right decision to do so and as far as I know, my current employer has not contacted me for immediate assistance at this time. I've been helping my parents mostly: gathering groceries, picking up medicine and preparing meals with my Mom. Other than that, I'm finding ways to stay mentally and physically active; to be productive and use this time to Reflect.

We cannot predict the Future, but we can Act on our Present and make the Best of Ourselves.

- - - - -
Related Content:

https://atcampiris.blogspot.com/2020/03/dream-mouse-in-maze.html - Dream - Mouse in the Maze

Comments