Poetry - the Ember of Myself

Always Assumed I was strange
in my early development stages.
Now I see this is not the case,
as I’m Healthy in many ways.

Given some advice and direction:
“Share Yourself if you want to.”
Anticipating Rejection, learning
to Release unnecessary Tension.

I taught myself to move Freely
in effort to address Healing -
Adapting rather quickly with
the Person I‘m becoming.

The next chapter has started;
praying this Journey is pleasant.
Feeling loved & supported
helps me enjoy the Present.

- - - - -
the Ember of Myself : Myself before Them .

I spoke to an old friend the other day and she said, “honey, the grass always looks greener on the other side, but you’re on this part of the fence because that’s the path you’re supposed to be on.” This was the most insightful comment I’ve gotten in awhile. Then she asked why I haven’t left the family nest? Independence is something I desire in my lifetime, but it's become clear that other items needed to be addressed. I've been known to put others before Me, but in this case: I healed myself First.

I’ve taken time to reflect on my journey these past months as I’ve invested so much in myself. Previously, I didn't value who I was and had little sense of personal worth. When I stopped self-sabotaging, I started accepting my reflection (literally). Sometimes I would sit in front of a mirror and look at who I am. I take pride in the efforts I’ve made and love the person I’m becoming. I'm happy sharing this as I’ve learned to accept life and continue being my most authentic self.

As wild as things are on a global scale, I consider myself fortunate to be with my immediate family. I wasn’t sure how home life would be, but I sense that our bonds are growing stronger as we’re together more than ever. None of us are perfect, but there is great value in our time spent. I've made myself more present with them and see how much it benefits our relationships. I appreciate their company and am learning to enjoy myself when we are all here.

My dreams of independence haven’t gone away, but the message I’m receiving for now is: Stay. My family needs me as much as I need them. I hope this timeline allows each of us to focus and heal ourselves at some point. I know that there is work that goes into that, but I’m thankful to be here with these people. I’m happy reshaping and strengthening our relationships with one another, even through life’s hardships. It helps me feel less alone knowing we‘re still growing together.

Comments