Dream - Agitation and Others

One evening, I lied peacefully in bed, undisturbed and calm. I felt like this space was my bedroom, but as I looked around, the arrangement had changed. I thought this might be a resting space within my mind. The foot of my bed faced the balcony and windows; when I saw this, I noticed air had come flowing in. Winds blew the drapes open and I feared something would enter if I didn't seal the entrances. The air had settled and all was quiet, but that's when I knew I was no longer alone. 

"Who Goes There? Show Yourself!" 

A whirlwind revealed an apparition, though I don't know if it was meant to be anyone specific. I identified this ghost as an antagonist - they saw an opening into my room and invited themselves in. The antagonist crept through the cracks of the windows and cornered me in my comfort zone. While they hovered above, I felt their eyes tracing me as I held still. I was not safe with them, though I felt challenged to say anything - The only time that I responded was when they verbally engaged.

"Well look who it is. You think You're a Boss Bitch, huh?" "No, I've never said such a thing." 
"You got some nerve acting like You're so Great. You ain't Shit!" "Whatever, You're not even Real." 
"Give me that Damn phone! Let's see Who you been Talking To," "Oh No, I wouldn't do that."
"-WHAT!? You cut those connections? OH MY GOD, Why did you even do that!" "I tried to Warn You." 

The antagonist fell to the ground and wept. I didn't want to touch or comfort them, but I watched the ghost bury their face in the palms of their hands. I sensed their shame as they set out to attack me, but their words could not conquer me. I didn't feel triumphant, but I acknowledged them. When I woke from this vision, the room was pitch black and all remained silent. I lied down and dozed back to sleep. I re-entered my mind's room, though the air felt different than it did, just moments ago. I scanned the space to see if anyone was present; no ghosts or phantoms were found. 

Just when I thought things had reduced to a calm, the room started rumbling. An Earthquake within the dream! The movement came abruptly and caused this section of the house to collapse. The sensation rushed over my body and I panicked, surrounded by destruction with no real way to escape. I desperately begged myself to wake up. I watched the walls crumble as I lied in bed, paralyzed with fear. The world had come crashing and I went down with it. My mattress eased the fall, but when I looked to see what remained, my room had been completely destroyed.

This is not the first time I've experienced hostility and chaos in my dream space. I've crossed demons and watched structures come undone before. I don't refer to these visions as nightmares as I may have in the past, but that doesn't lessen the intensity of my experience. As for the Hot Aired Antagonist and the Earth violently shaking around me, I hold on and investigate them with caution. I sense these vivid dreams hold greater meanings to be uncovered, as well as parts of myself that need to be addressed and healed. I continue to set boundaries, personal protections and understand the ways which I am vulnerable to the world. 

Comments