Poetry - One Sunset


They lasted 'til the sun set.
the Middle of another
Cruel Summer with
temperatures unbearable.
By His side, She felt well
Taken care of - Unstoppable.
"So what's Stopping You?"

"Is this Real?" She refrains
in their embrace, Sustained.
Longest Hours of their lives
Together, melting by the minute.
She can't predict the Future;
is He included? Vision fades.

With the Sun finally settling,
She cannot stay. One last embrace
Before they say Goodbye.
"Will We ever be Reunited?"
"Wake up in Reality and
You will see me." He proclaims.

There are aspects of ourselves
That we just can't change.
certain Segments of History
that cannot be rewound. "I'm Sorry."
He kept apologizing for the Weather,
while She pardoned her doubts.

Stop excusing all the things
Simply out of your control.
The Weather; the rise & fall
of the seasons, the readings -
Your feelings; What do you see?
What makes your Experience
is defined by what you Perceive.

- - - - -
I like to look back on this from time to time: A Memory that We existed One Sunset.

To be honest, I've held onto this entry for a few years now. When I initially wrote it, I didn't know if I'd ever share it publicly. I've been teaching myself that it's okay to release time that has long since passed. This person once told me, "Don't be Afraid to let people see You," and as it would seem, their words of advice & comfort have always resonated. I hope they find this entry in good fashion.

Sometimes I hold onto moments like these because I fear the memory will fade. I'll replay scenes multiple times in my head, so I can remember the feelings and sensations I experienced. I sometimes recall scenes so vividly, because they're well preserved in my mind. I'm starting to think that was the message behind our encounter: to enjoy what exists in the Present. Thanks for the Reminder.

Comments