Dream - Leaving Distractions

One of my friends invited me to see her New Home - This woman has welcomed me into her world a number of times before, so without questioning, I followed her. This place had everything it needed to be calm; just a few houseplants and a sectional sofa that lined the living room. We toured the rooms of the house and unlocked each door together. She touched every nook and cranny as if she knew all of it's secrets. Then we walked upstairs and she announced, "This space is for You!" What a pleasant offering. I felt much desired comfort having a house warming hosted by her.

Just when I thought this house couldn't have anymore surprises, my housemate insisted on showing me the backyard. We approached a set of french doors that opened to a hidden oasis. There were multiple pools on this side of the property, walled off by tall palm trees and guarded by fallen Statues. I recall seeing one with the head of a lion and the base of a mermaid, a Merlion. The pools were half-filled and muddy, needing some cleaning and repair. The entire property stunned me, as I saw all of the potential it held. "We'll have to go swimming sometime," my housemate commented.

I made my way back to my bedroom and sat at a vanity table. There, I saw my reflection in an oval mirror, smiling and glowing. Sharing space in this home and having that hidden oasis excited me! I thought about how I'd like to start arranging the room and what kinds of decoration I could put up. Not even a minute later, I heard someone calling from the outside, "HEY! Are you there? I need to talk to you." I peeked out the window to see who it was: an Agitator made their way to the front steps of the house. I ran downstairs and gave them an opportunity to speak at the front door.

"You don't have to shout, I'm right here. What do you Want?"
"Aye! Who's fuckin' House is this? Are you gonna let me in?"
"No. This house belongs to a friend. I doubt she wants You barging in."
"She don't want this Dick anyway. Bet she gets other Dudes come by just to Fuck Around! Must be some Whore House shit."
"Shut up, that is so rude! Don't say disgusting things about people you know nothing about."
"Fine, whatever. Are you done here? Grab your Shit and let's go, Bitch!"
"Oh My God. Why are You even rushing me to Leave? I just got here."

I heard my phone ringing from inside the house and left that loud mouth stranded at the front. I hurried upstairs to grab my phone, but I noticed the caller ID was hidden. I answered anyway:

"Hello - This is Prisma. Who's There?"
"Thanks for picking up! Are you still at the House?" My Housemate was on the line.
"Yeah - There's someone waiting for me downstairs ... I need to get rid of them."
"Don't worry, No one can come in without the Keys. Just meet me 'round the back."
"Again? I've already seen that part of the house - Was there something I missed?"
"Yes, there's something you need to see!"

As we hung up the phone, I got a glimpse from her point of view: a running faucet had been shut off. When I returned to the backyard, I approached cautiously. The French Doors revealed the oasis, now overflowing with water; each section was connected as an enormous infinity pool! The surface was shimmering, blanketed in deep blue - I had never seen such a beautiful body of water in my waking life. My housemate came running from behind and pushed me down a water slide. "WHEE! Time for that Swim!" she cheered. I fell in so fast I couldn't see what was happening.

When I dunked into the pool, I felt myself sinking. At first I was afraid that I might lose my breath and never surface. Then I remembered I'm only dreaming - so I continued falling maybe 20-feet deep, until I reached what I thought was the bottom. I looked around and saw there was an underground section, even more yet to be explored. The water was dark at this depth and I couldn't see much beyond myself; I imagine the extended part of the pool opened to the ocean beyond the palm trees. I'm thankful I stayed to discover this hidden world at the oasis. I'd never felt so calm going in for the deep dive ... I hope to find this Temple again.

Leaving Distractions : Discovering Atlantis

http://fav.me/de3gp3o - Sketch of the Merlion.

Comments