Hot One Hundred

Someone recently told me, "I can't see myself going in hot one-hundred, because it might scare people." Referring to how they value and showcase their authenticity. They aren’t wrong for saying that, but as I have learned to value who I am, I refuse to be misrepresented in any way. I find it difficult to mask myself in the presence of others, because I was raised to be an honest human being. This statement does not reflect anyone but me; I am just stating why I act & behave the way I do.

At this point in life, I recognize my adult self and have been working to identify my strengths as an individual. One of those aspects is being genuine in everything that I do. I find it extremely challenging to exaggerate my experiences - What purpose does it serve, to inflate my presence? I've learned that it is not necessary, or ever required to prove my validity to another person. As I exist under a lens of Truth, I've learned to accept who I am and the imperfections that come with it. I am not afraid to be Myself. 

Being Honest with my identity has given me a strong sense of awareness. I own my existence as completely and confidently as possible. I recognize this type of disposition may be intimidating for some. I don't assume everyone can handle the intensity that comes with authenticity, so I tend to be highly reserved on the surface. I have learned to be very intentional with my words and actions, even if they end up being mistakes. Though, I never feel obligated to apologize for the Truth; I simply embrace myself and live in it. 

In my naivety, I previously assumed that others act as honestly as I do - realistically though, this is not always the case. Since gaining this understanding, I've learned to trust my intuition and use discernment more often. I don't belittle other people's experiences and often set myself aside so I may learn from their example. Despite the challenges I've faced thus far, I feel it takes great strength to show Mercy - To be so selfless and vulnerable that I remove my Ego to assist others. I could have become a completely different person, had I not chosen to care, or act with sincerity.

- - - - -
Related Content:

https://atcampiris.blogspot.com/2020/07/savior-self-first.html - Savior Self First
https://atcampiris.blogspot.com/2020/05/to-lay-unchained.html - To Lay Unchained : Can You Handle It?
https://atcampiris.blogspot.com/2020/03/lifes-gold-hymn.html - Life's Gold Hymn : Holding Myself
https://atcampiris.blogspot.com/2019/12/prism-of-swords.html - Prism of Swords

Comments