Poetry - Fools with Cups

I met someone recently,
Man with a glass Chalice.
He prepares a drink for Me,
Something Sweet for my palate.

We talk through the night
and I offer to read Cards.
As I shuffle the deck,
one is sure to Fall

Face Down ... Who's There?
The Nine of Cups appears:
Wish of Tenderness, an Affair.
It returns for his Hopes & Fears.

Entertained and curious,
leaving that night uncertain.
Do I dare Cross paths again,
or Will he close the Curtain?

We agree to meet once more,
get better acquainted with time.
As we walk through the door,
Tired hands rest, intertwined.

Where do we go from Here?
I ask if he wants to Continue.
Our connection becomes clearer,
"The decision is up to You."

- - - - -

If Two Push Coal, 
Clap Out of Wish.
A Fool With Cups-
Saw Touch of Lip.

Inspired Sketch: Tarot & Communion http://fav.me/de3ko0g

Comments