Called to Serve

Over the past few weeks, I've set aside time to marinate with my thoughts. Some questions I've been focusing on lately, "How am I being called to Serve?" or, "What Purpose do I Serve?" I think it's so wild to live in a world where Success equates to productivity and generating financial wealth - Because let's be honest: making paper is not my only goal in Life. I've been examining myself carefully as I navigate this season, acting and speaking intentionally. By doing so, I hope I'm able to maximize the time and energy I'm spending. I hope my efforts benefit the community I live in and sustain my well being.

As others have strongly encouraged me to pursue my creative self, I continue facing challenges marketing and selling my art. I've learned that most, if not all of my artwork stems from personal experiences and observations - The results of which have become more of a therapeutic and cleansing process for me. While I enjoy studying independently and creating freely, I am not confident placing monetary values on them. Separating emotionally from the artwork is difficult as I see so much of myself reflected in it. This leads me to believe I have to balance the professional and artistic parts of me.

My experiences as an assistant have shown me the things that I hold with high value. For example, when working with other people, I hope that our exchanges are respectful and reciprocal in nature. Things that I view as my own strengths; communication, honesty, integrity for example, I greatly encourage with others. As I overcome fears of public speaking, I find comfort presenting my most genuine and authentic self. I couldn't picture working within an environment that doesn't acknowledge those things. I wouldn't want to be in a position that didn't embrace growth and personal development. I realize how important it is to work with others that align in that manner.

During this transitional period, I've had wonderful opportunities to collaborate with a group of creatives as well as industry professionals via Zoom video conferences. I couldn’t ask for better one-on-one sessions with my mentors: one of which is a Marketing Strategist and the other is a Motivational Speaker in Technology. This section of the timeline has been greatly educational and informative, so I value the knowledge and advice that’s been passed down directly from the sources. I consider myself so fortunate to have the flexibility to work with them and their team as every conversation has been mutually beneficial.

These events have unfolded at a time when the future remains uncertain, so I'm learning to make the most of my days. I appreciate the meaningful relationships I've gained and the networking that's been accomplished in the last few months alone. I have done what I can to make myself mentally present for anyone who calls for my time and attention. This virtual experience has proven itself interesting and worthwhile, but I sense I'm being called to serve in another way. Ideally, I would like to find an organization where I can physically contribute and be part of a team that I can devote my best self to.

- - - - -
Related Content:
https://atcampiris.blogspot.com/2020/09/breadwinner-takes-all.html - Breadwinner Takes All
https://atcampiris.blogspot.com/2020/08/hot-one-hundred.html - Hot One Hundred
https://atcampiris.blogspot.com/2020/04/choose-community.html - Choose Community

Comments