Dream - the Peace Maker

The other night, I folded and put fresh linens away in a closet. From the corner of my eye, at first I thought was my reflection, was actually a figure mirroring me. When I turned to look, I saw someone I haven’t engaged in over a year. I shyly acknowledged them; they sent their signature pursed smile and waved back at me. The space between us was rather quiet and though all was silent, I felt this was a neutral exchange and unlikely reunion. In this sequence, I’ll call them the Peace Maker.

The walls of this place felt strangely familiar - I sense I was revisiting the Peace Maker’s own home. Things looked exactly as I remembered: calm beige walls and a cozy interior. Where ever they went, I decided to follow. I hovered closely behind, just like a ghost. The Peace Maker entered their bedroom and eased into an armchair. The Television screen glowed, but I couldn’t hear any sound. I don’t know what the Peace Maker was watching, I just assume they wanted some atmosphere.

Then, someone knocked on the door and stormed into the room. They paced around, unable to complete any thoughts or sentences. Their tone of voice grew aggravated, defensive even though no one was disputing or arguing with them. It was apparent that this person did not see me and only addressed the Peace Maker. As this person rambled on, the Peace Maker calmly spoke up. “Listen: They did what they needed to ... and though you Feel Wronged, they were Right to do so.”

The Peace Maker was someone I didn’t have many opportunities to speak with, but they were always willing to listen and respected whatever needed to be expressed. Although the rambler didn't make much sense, the Peace Maker saw through it and made their conclusions without raising their voice, or stirring up violence. I was not expecting them to say anything, but I'm glad I heard them that night. Hearing them helped me confirm their supportive and understanding nature - That's exactly how I remembered them.

I just want to Thank them for sending over the vision. I like to think this is a sign that they're doing alright.

Comments