Dream - Firing the Kiln

The other week I explored a single studio; a place that I've never been, but inviting enough to settle. The walls of the room were lit by tea lights; warm golden hues like that of a sunset. A round pillow sat on the floor: the perfect place to meditate. I remember resting in lotus position, folding my hands into prayer. It seemed as though time slowed down in this realm so I could feel myself breathe. The atmosphere felt right and within this moment, I felt safe and relaxed. For once, all was well.

I can't say how long I had been sitting, but I was eventually joined by strangers. I couldn't see their faces, only shadows that circled me. They came holding various ceramic pieces and one by one, each person hurled their pottery at me. I was a sitting duck. The sound of wares shattering across the floor felt unpleasant, but not as uncomfortable as watching them throw so fiercely. I didn't rise or rebel against them, I remained unmoved in my meditative state. I felt little fear and no pain, only experiencing agitation. My body grew solid, like a marble statue.

Even if I had an opportunity to speak up, I don't think any of those people would have heard me. My spirit separated from the physical body and I hovered above the room like a ghost. I watched my former shell suffer and wept for her. I don't know what I did to deserve any of that, but I felt a great sorrow inside. Peace vanished the instant I was joined by others - So did this Meditation room actually serve as a Trap? Whatever the case may be, I knew that this place wasn't meant for me permanently.

"You annoy Me, but you Will Not Break me."

- - - - -

Dreams have played an active role in my life since childhood. As an adult, I experience vivid episodes here and there, but I haven't been as adamant about recording them as before. When I'm visited by other people in visions, I always imagine someone is trying to communicate on a Spiritual level, because they don't know how to approach me in person. In this case, I became the target practice for everyone's stress relief. As upsetting as that sounds, I sense this vision reveals some of the challenges I've been facing in the real world.

My current occupation involves assisting patients, often communicating requests with their doctors. Medical Roles are challenging because they demand levels of consideration and service. I think about the phrase, "don't shoot the messenger," and I'm sure my coworkers would agree. Our team isn't always the bearers of bad news, but delivering information can be challenging when the other party refuses to cooperate - People retaliate when they don't get the answers they want. I'd say these difficult moments teach me to be resilient as most of the time we can't abandon what's in front of us. 

There aren't many instances in my adult life where I recall being an aggressive or outspoken person. I feel I've learned to be an understanding individual over time. My inaction toward the hostility of others is the result of placing them before myself. One of my former employers disliked this aspect of me, because apparently, I didn't display many emotions around them. I know how to use my voice and am learning when to dial it up or turn it down. It's rare that I express myself with strong convictions, but I realize not everyone needs to see me charged that way. 

"Why Taste the Fire when you can Sit Warmly Beside it?"

Comments