Poetry - Thirst for Knowledge

Climbing up the Ladder 
That sees no real end, 
Making accommodations 
Where my back must bend. 

Refusing to believe this;
How my time is spent.
Feeling Foolish, as my Thirst
for Knowledge is never quenched.  

Afraid that I may Fail 
Should I take the Leap,
A greater Risk prevails 
If I continue to Sleep. 

I realize as I grow Older, 
my Ambitions have shifted.
Still willing to Start Over 
while keeping my Experiences. 

The person standing in the way 
is the one in my Reflection. 
Trying to make sense of Life
while excelling in desired directions.

How many times will I Return
to embrace Another Study?
As many times needed to Learn 
Lessons catered for this Journey. 

- - - - - 

“Don’t be Afraid to Begin again.” An old friend said this to me several years ago when I was returning to study something new and their words have never left me. I won’t lie though, thinking about it is frustrating and leaves me hesitant. Having to Start Over makes me feels as though I wasn’t intelligent, or I didn’t have enough resources to complete everything the first time around. I always feed into a fear that going back to school means the possibility of screwing up and failing miserably. While I have learned a lot over the years, I can’t help but still feel like I’m new to this and inexperienced. 

I’m convincing myself that returning to a place of study is perfectly okay and that continuing education is one of the best things I can do for myself. I don’t know if I will ever “finish” this section of life, but I feel this is something that may advance the career I’ve invested the most of my time in. I’ve only started thinking about it and haven’t come up with an actual plan - but I know that I’m not alone; I expressed this to my family and they enthusiastically said that they want to help me Continue. I pray that I have the energy to endure the lessons to come and that I am successful through all of this. 

Comments