Noble Criteria Vitae

When I was a little girl growing up, I was often referred to as "the Artist" of my family. I recall carrying notebooks and sketchbooks everywhere I went, so I could scribble ideas or musings at any time. I don't know that I whole-heartedly embraced the title of an Artist, because I always viewed myself at an amateur level; I felt that someone else could easily outshine my abilities. I tended to see the Creative parts of myself as merely hobbies, rather than something that would ever be successful or profitable, let alone define who I am.

In my youth, I looked at my siblings and cousins who I thought were equally talented, if not more so in their own ways. Some siblings navigated Life by their own creative, unconventional means, while others invested in their passions and expanded beyond those realms. While everyone would openly boast about their work and life accomplishments, this led me to be reserved about my art and anything that I might create. I felt that the efforts of others weighed significantly more than my abilities to write and illustrate.

To this day, I don't know that my creative contributions have benefitted anyone but Me. I sense that I've been recognized as an Artist, even during the moments when I couldn't see it. Part of me hesitates to identify as such, because I grew up under the belief that an Artist's work isn't practical and serves no purpose. I'm still unlearning this concept, as I suspect it hinders the part of me that continues to grow and evolve. In all actuality, Innovation involves an undying curiosity and willingness to try new things.

One of my friends once said, "You're an inspiration to others, because you're able to Create Freely." At this point in my life, I feel like I've managed to balance my Professional and Creative Self. I don't know that these worlds would ever successfully cross one another, so I tend to keep my Career and all of my "Hobbies" separate for now. Perhaps this kind of Liberation is how Art is supposed to influence my life. I continue pursuing creative outlets as I believe they nurture my inner child; I'm Thankful that I can invest time in these aspects and Create a Life that I Desire.

*****
Noble Criteria Vitae
Berate Initial Cover
Variable Tier Notice
Creative Liberation

Comments

  1. Yo Pris I enjoy reading your journey and just how much it mirrors my own! Great full to see just how important Art is to you and how it keeps the life and youthfulness in you!! Alrighty yo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You for encouraging the best in me always - Let's continue working on and bringing out the best of ourselves!! Cheers Rok =)

      Delete

Post a Comment