Poetry - I've Ceded Easily

Your vessel is Blessed 
by a strong mind & heart.
Those who Acknowledge
are Worthy to take part.

Protective gates subside 
when Sincerity arrives;
Once the door is unlocked,
Opportunity waits inside.

Souls share an embrace, 
feeling Whole and Warm. 
The Heart that feels Safe 
experiences Love like Dawn. 

Be Loved out loud as
You deserve someone 
Who makes you Proud of
the Person you’re Becoming. 

~

They may satisfy your Desires.
Though it is wise to inquire:
Do Not be quick to Conclusion, 
They may be grand illusions. 

Your folly lies in Naivety- 
what a Trustworthy Fool!
Is that not the Beauty 
of simply Unknowing? 

Despite blatant Deception, 
Do recognize the Lesson. 
You Learned a great deal 
about your own Affections. 

Appreciate the Energy and
Thank them for their Time. 
May you meet again someday 
When your Health Aligns.

- - - - 

This past month has given me an entire range of emotional highs and lows. At the rate that my life is moving, this incident came and went so quickly that I haven’t had much time to process what happened. While I'm trying to maintain some composure and exercise Resilience, some of the hardest emotions to express have been Sadness and Anger, both of which have been triggering me. At this time I feel as though I’m still navigating the fog. I hope that acknowledging some of the complex thoughts and feelings through this provides some cathartic release and understanding. 

I feel like I’m barely starting to understand just how many People mask themselves to aid their own advances. Frankly, I’m having a difficult time accepting all of this. I want to believe an inherent good exists in others, but I’m blind sighted by my desires for people. I want to believe the choices I’ve been making these days are within my best interest, but I suspect I keep being deceived because I trust them too easily. I tend to accept people at Face value and hold strong faith that they would reciprocate my honesty and openness. Though, given this recent experience, I feel like I'm an idiot to even continue doing so.

This semester I’m studying Anthropology and one of the most recent lectures stated that there is no such thing as “Pure Altruism”. The professor notes that people may act Altruistic, towards the greater good, but behind all of that lies some Selfish agenda. I keep finding myself in situations where learning someone's real motives actually cause more harm than it's intended, much like opening Pandora's Box. I realize I’m usually the one who desires and pursues the whole truth, even if it hurts to do so. My experiences have left me feeling defeated most of the time, but I carry on. What I’m learning from all of this is that Discernment is something I still need to learn and actively practice. 

I've Ceded Easily 
Aye Veils Decide 
Devise Lie Decay 
Deceived Easily 

Comments