Process Be a Word

It's been a year since I've started renting and I can say with confidence that I have grown as a person. As stressful as it was initially leaving the family nest, I see how this transition has changed me and continues to do so. I've learned so much about myself and what I need to function comfortably within a given space. Operating on my own has shown me the ways that I am capable, more than I ever imagined. I sense I've adapted to these arrangements fairly quickly, but there is still so much that I want to accomplish.

Since I've moved from my family home, I have this experience where I don't feel like I've completely settled. I've started thinking, "When does a space start feeling like Home?" There have been moments when I felt as though I was on Borrowed time and resources. At the most basic level, shelter is for sleep, shower and cooking meals. In all actuality, I don’t spend much of my leisure at the apartment and I tend to be to myself when a housemate is present. I understand this experience is teaching me to share time and space with others, but I’m becoming more conscious of just how much I desire for myself.

Through these experiences, I’ve grown aware of my own energy - how I spend time with others or even when I’m alone. I consider myself mindful of my housemates, but I don’t always have the capacity to be sociable with them. I do my best to be communicative in these settings and give people attention when I can, but it is still fairly challenging when I come home to recharge from personal interactions, at work or school for example. As much as I desire human connection and community, my social meter proves to be selective and limited.

Exercising independence has been an interesting journey thus far and I'm doing what I can to practice gratitude. The opportunity to continue doing so feels like a privilege right now and I do not take my time for granted. I continue growing through these experiences and I sense there is much more to learn. I still desire a place of my own, free from other people's agendas and distractions. Before I moved in April, one of my friends said “Live your Best Life,” so I wonder if and when I'll hit that mark? I know I get to define my own success, but I feel like the Best is yet to come.

~

Process be a Word
Prose Sacred Bow
Bossed Power Arc
Borrowed Spaces

Comments