Notices if Improved

Friday, 07/15/22: I woke up with soreness in my throat - I thought this may have been due to sleeping with my window open overnight. I still went into work that day, as our office has been severely understaffed. One of our long-term coworkers resigned at the beginning of July and another coworker had been out sick for the entire week. I showed up to support my remaining teammates at the office and brought DayQuil capsules to push forward. I managed to get through the day to contribute whatever I could. At the end of the shift, I graciously exited and treated myself at a local Tea Bar to decompress.

Saturday, 07/16/22: My cough persisted over the weekend, but I held on. My family was hosting Birthday celebrations for my siblings born in July. Mom is fairly routine in Family Messaging and informed everyone that their gathering was happening, so I felt especially encouraged to attend. My parents had been wanting to meet my current Flatmate, so I extended the invitation to them as well. I showed up to the house, shared words with the celebrants and spent wholesome, quality time with the family that day. Though my intentions were good, I felt the cough lingering and returned straight to bed once I returned to the apartment.

Sunday, 07/17/22: I sincerely thought my symptoms would pass and I would rest off this ailment, but it continued and left me bedridden for the entire day. I experienced bodily aches and sweats from head to toe. I felt soreness from lying down for extended periods of time. Not to mention the apartment has no Air Conditioning - I found some relief lying naked in the shaded areas of my room. Being sick is already an uncomfortable feeling, but navigating this in the middle of Summer has not been an easy task. This might be the first time I've felt this type of illness in several months; I'd say this has been one of the most intense things I've experienced in about a year (?).

Monday, 07/18/22: I dragged my feet, but I felt urged to return to work. We were still understaffed at the office and my role is the Opening-Shift. I did my usual morning routine and went to work with that awful cough following me. I didn't feel right to abandon the team at all, but was sent home early after receiving news of a Covid-Positive Rapid Test. On my leave, I informed my immediate family, flatmate and Primary Care Provider about this. Before leaving to Quarantine, I stocked up on Fresh Fruit and Electrolytes. This is my first time dealing with a confirmed-positive result for myself.

Thursday, 07/21/22: Today I lost my sense of taste and smell, so I don't know if cooking my own meals will be problematic in the future. Since confirming Positive (Monday, 07/18/22), I've been home each day, staying within the walls of my room. I should be taking time to rest more, but I thought it may be helpful to document the timeline. As challenging as it is to manage this on my own, I feel fortunate that it happened while I'm boosted and living in an apartment - I realize the circumstances could have been much worse or severe. I'm removing the idea that I might be perceived as some kind of Leper, but accepting that these are simply challenges that I will overcome. I am continuing to monitor symptoms, so I can conduct my days the best way possible.

My Dad once said, "Getting diagnosed [with Covid] does not mean it's the End of the World." I think this situation feels particularly scary for me, because I have to physically isolate, be patient and Heal myself. I don't know that there's any 'safety net' to catch me should I fall. Realistically though, I don't feel like the world is collapsing and I'm learning that worrying or thinking about it that way doesn't help either. As always, I'm hoping for a speedy recovery and good outcomes, but I sense I have to let this illness run its course. Thank You to all those who are encouraging my healing and wellness during this period. This is a reminder that the Pandemic has not ended and the virus is ever present. Stay Well.

~
Notices if Improved:
Confirmed Positive.

Comments