Abnormal Heart Rut

Just when I thought I had stability, another opportunity to grow has come along. Before departing for SDCC weekend, I received notifications that my friend and I got approved for an apartment share. After some searching and sending out applications, the place we secured was actually the first one that we viewed together. It surprised me, so without hesitation I told them that we should take the offer. After reviewing all of the lease terms and signing off the agreement documents, we have officially started the next chapter: Back 2 SGV. 

In all honesty, this marks the 4th time that I’ve moved in the last 3 years of Renting, returning to a city I’ve lived in once before. For the first time in about a year, I’ll be living with another person. Even with prior experiences under my belt, the process still feels new to me. Every time I move into another place, it feels as if I’m starting over again. I’ve had an emotional time accepting my own decisions albeit impulsive, and have stressed about many things outside of it. I’m trying to let go of whatever is out of my control and taking the reins of what I’m able to do.

Notes on living previously with roommates and some general advice given by others, I’m exercising more open communication and transparency as often as I can. I know my flatmate Trusts and Relies on me to a degree. Our message exchanges are starting to become somewhat formal now, as we team up to make the arrangement work. I know this is only the beginning of our rental lease, but it’s still challenging as I think it will change our relationship as friends. I sense the experience is teaching me to pull my own weight and be supportive within a shared space. 

The experience is giving me more lessons in Adulting, mostly exercising autonomy. This is also helping me form some ideas of what I want in the foreseeable future. Meanwhile, I continue praying for guidance, protection and smooth transitions on this timeline. Many nights prior to this, I prayed for opportunities to help me grow into the person I need to be. Of course, there’s lots of pressure and responsibility that comes with that role. Even though there are moments I feel I’m failing in so many ways, I try to remain Thankful for everything I got Right.

* * * * *
Abnormal Heart Rut
Roar, but then Alarm 
Return to Alhambra 

Comments