Rule of Exacting

When I entered the current chapter of my career, I did not know how well I would perform working at a Doctor’s Office. In all actuality, I had many fears and skepticisms stepping into healthcare for a second time, because my previous related work involved Retail Pharmacies. I did not have an easy time by any means, but I learned lots while being on that side of the spectrum. As it turns out, ALL of my former experiences helped me excel as far as I have with my current company. I am thankful the bosses saw my potential and selected me for this role. Looking back, it’s something I’ve definitely grown into.

Part of me does not want to settle where I am, as I sense I’m stagnating, not learning anything new. It’s not that I dislike my workplace, but I feel I have peaked and cannot expand beyond the current limit. At the same time, it’s not wise to resign when I haven’t even secured my next position, so I’ve stayed for financial security. I remember something similar happening before, where I didn’t feel necessary continuing, because I wanted to exercise other skills. Back then, I had more cushion to support my resignation, because I lived with my parents. Independent living has influenced my strategies of course.

At this time, I’m incredibly thankful for my current manager. They have given me as much transparency as possible, since the beginning of my employment, so I do the best that I can to express myself when I need to. I know that I don’t owe any explanations and whatever I disclose is completely up to me. With that said, my manager knows that I am currently in-between spaces, so to speak. They pulled me to the side and said, “I’m surprised you’re receiving rejections with your resume.” I know this is supposed to be a compliment, so I don’t exactly know what’s missing.

I’ve continued working diligently throughout the day while searching for my next role after hours. I’m at a part of the journey where I’m reminded about how competitive the real world is. Admittedly it’s different this time around, knowing my resume reflects the last 10+ years of my career growth. For every rejection letter that I’ve received, I remember that it is not a negative reflection of me. I am proud of my efforts and will see that I continue. Sometimes I think I’m taking another leap of faith here, but I feel more confident in my abilities to do so now. I’m at a point where I desire more, so I understand that struggling is part of this growth.

Previously, I’d rely on creative outlets to release frustration. The past few weeks, I wasn’t satisfied with any artistic expressions and debated giving up on so much. Just when I thought all hope was lost, a vision of Fudo Myo-o appeared when I tried seeking comfort within. His ferocious eyes pierced my soul while he sat deep in the roaring fire. Followed by major arcana, the Tower and its vibrant lightning bolts. Even the earth began to quake and spasm. For a moment, it felt like the world was falling apart, but I think the ground beneath me has started rising. I realize I needed to pause aspects of myself and redirect energy into evolving.

“There is no such thing as a Graceful Exit.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Rule of Exacting
Careful Exit Gone
No Cruel Gate Fix
No Graceful Exit

Every Day of my adult life, I give Thanks for all of these lessons & experiences. I Pray that I’m on a path that helps me become the best version of myself.

Comments