Some years ago, my aunt told me that Dreams are one of the ways in which God communicates with us. She told me this during a time when I received strong messages and visuals on the regular. I didn’t always know what the dreams meant, but I received them often enough to start recording them: drawing the images that I saw, writing narratives behind them, giving meaning to the synapses I experienced during slumber. I still dream vividly now, but the messages don’t always stay long enough for me to recall them.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
The other week, someone from the past decided to appear. During the time that I knew them, I experienced lots of discomfort in their presence. The epitome of “misery loves company,” they were always dissatisfied with the cards that Life dealt them. When they spoke to me within this space, they struggled to grasp words, as though they were weeping. “There's someone-- that you need to see. They traveled from far-- far away to be here... Don't leave.” Over time, I developed the reflex of rejecting this person on sight. I don’t know that I’ve ever known this person to plead with me, so I decided to show mercy this time.
Very well - Let's see the person they speak so highly of. The door creaked open slowly and something in the air felt strangely familiar. Some part of me recognized this room: the fixtures, the tacky-popcorn ceiling, the sliding mirrors against the walls. Across the entrance was a man lying down in an old rocking chair. His skin looked pale and gray, as if looking at a ghost. I may have met this person before, but the only time I remember seeing them, they lied quietly within a casket. I knew them very briefly, as lifeless, breathless. They appeared in this room before me, an Apparition.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
The other week, someone from the past decided to appear. During the time that I knew them, I experienced lots of discomfort in their presence. The epitome of “misery loves company,” they were always dissatisfied with the cards that Life dealt them. When they spoke to me within this space, they struggled to grasp words, as though they were weeping. “There's someone-- that you need to see. They traveled from far-- far away to be here... Don't leave.” Over time, I developed the reflex of rejecting this person on sight. I don’t know that I’ve ever known this person to plead with me, so I decided to show mercy this time.
Very well - Let's see the person they speak so highly of. The door creaked open slowly and something in the air felt strangely familiar. Some part of me recognized this room: the fixtures, the tacky-popcorn ceiling, the sliding mirrors against the walls. Across the entrance was a man lying down in an old rocking chair. His skin looked pale and gray, as if looking at a ghost. I may have met this person before, but the only time I remember seeing them, they lied quietly within a casket. I knew them very briefly, as lifeless, breathless. They appeared in this room before me, an Apparition.
The gray man smiled and signaled me to come over.
“Nice to meet you.” He shook my hand vigorously.
Perplexed by a friendly demeanor; I nodded to acknowledge.
“Come, Please sit with me and read the Bible!” He exclaimed.
"Are you sure about that? What Text are we reading?" I asked.
I thought it was strange that the apparition was so eager to read passages with me. I felt like I had no business sharing that kind of time with them, but they insisted. I don't know this person, yet they desire my company. What's the worst that could happen when they've been pronounced dead? I'll take this vision as a sign that they just wanted me to pay attention. I recalled some of the scriptures they wanted me to read. I woke up before I could get through the entire passage, but since then, the message has become clear.
Proverbs 4:1-19 (English Standard Version)
A Father's Example
1) Hear, O sons, a father's instruction,
and be attentive, that you may gain insight,
2) for I give you good precepts;
do not forsake my teaching.
3) When I was a son with my father
tender, the only one in the sight of my mother,
4) he taught me and said to me,
Let your heart hold fast my words;
keep my commandments, and live.
5) Get wisdom; get insight;
do not forget and do not turn away from the words of my mouth.
6) Do not forsake her, and she will keep you;
love her, and she will guard you.
7) The beginning of wisdom is this: Get wisdom,
and whatever you get, get insight.
8) Prize her highly, and she will exalt you;
she will honor you if you embrace her.
9) She will place on your head a graceful garland;
she will bestow on you a beautiful crown.
Two Ways of Life
10) Hear, my son, and accept my words,
that the years of your life may be many.
11) I have taught you the way of wisdom;
I have led you in the paths of uprightness.
12) When you walk, your step will not be hampered,
and if you run, you will not stumble.
13) Keep hold of instruction; do not let go;
guard her, for she is your life.
14) Do not enter the path of the wicked,
and do not walk in the way of the evil.
15) Avoid it; do not go on it;
turn away from it and pass on.
16) For they cannot sleep unless they have done wrong;
They are robbed of sleep unless they have made someone stumble.
17) For they eat the bread of wickedness
and drink the wine of violence.
18) But the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn,
which shines brighter and brighter until full day.
19) The way of the wicked is like deep darkness;
they do not know over what they stumble.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
For the record: the person I knew previously claimed to be an Atheist. I have never known them or their family to exercise religion in any way. As far as I know, the person did not follow belief systems stating that God exists - yet the same person claims that they believe in Karma - this idea alone stirs enough thought to be an entry for another time - So I suppose anything is possible. I'm starting to think to think that certain people actually suffer more over the course of their lifetime because they don't offer space for God to exist.
Shortly after the vision passed, I told my Dad about the biblical passages I received. He was elated to bring out his device and lookup the scriptures with me. His act of selflessness felt less foreign than reading verses with a complete stranger. It felt genuine sharing space with someone I know and trust. According to Dad, "the takeaway here is to obtain Wisdom." I think about my Dad's verbal practice of sharing stories and lessons among his children at the table. I'm grateful for the moments I'm present and continue to engage in meaningful conversations moving forward. I don't take our time for granted.
I value the message, Thank You. Until next time.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
https://atcampiris.blogspot.com/2024/04/dream-sun-faded-visions.html - Sun Faded Visions
https://atcampiris.blogspot.com/2021/07/dream-she-takes-flight.html - She Takes Flight
https://atcampiris.blogspot.com/2020/02/alas-personal-tenders.html - Release Petals and Thorns
Comments
Post a Comment