Poetry - Her Social Entities

"The World is Your Oyster,"
Yet, you always want More.
You came Out of your shell
much Different than Before.

Challenged to describe how it Feels
Whenever I see your Image.
Are those pursed-smiles even Real?
Maybe you're secretly Damaged.

Have you learned how to Heal,
Do Socialites assist you to cope?
Those Interactions keep you Entertained
As you're Protected now, with Velvet rope.

This outgrows any bond between us
and Reveals another Version of You.
I don't see myself redeeming this -
You can't undo how time effects Ego.

Perhaps you do More than I can See,
Making connections at gatherings.
If that's the case: You no longer need Me
On the path you want to be, Socially.

I don't know how my presence Assists You;
Not much I can do to help you grow further.
-Can't help but feel that I was just Leverage
that made you a more Comfortable Character.

- - - - -
I have witnessed and been subject to disrespect among certain "peers" and I see that their actions have started transforming someone I know at social events and shows. Maybe they're revealing something about Her that I refused to see before? I don't feel comfortable calling any of these people my friends, because I never felt closely connected to them. I have no desire to socialize among those who don't reciprocate feelings, show interest or support. The friendships have never felt mutual - Still, Why does She want to befriend them?

If it's these people that You choose to hold close, then Do Not put me in the same category; Stop that Shit immediately. Look at how they influence You. If You gave a damn about Me, Why do I feel so alone in Your presence? How could I openly support You if You're unwilling to come through and communicate with Me? If you wanted to be Sociable and part of this "community," - Then by all means, go ahead, but carry on without me. Consider Me an old Nobody who disappeared when your shell finally molted, revealing who you really are.

- - - - -
Related Content:

Comments