Two Wrongs Won't Grow

Over the past few years, I’ve seen people grow and succeed in their lives, only to succumb to the height of their Ego. Unfortunately, there is no easy way to tell someone when their arrogance is showing. What’s annoying is when they ignore their behavior and expect an apology from whoever acknowledged it. As if this aspect of themselves was never meant to be seen, but their peers are reprimanded for realizing some truth behind their bullshit. It’s become clear to me that conceitedness gets in the way of integrity and certain individuals are too proud to apologize for their faults.

We lose social ties so easily when removing the nuisances from our lives, but see where happiness comes in the absence of that frustration. I haven’t reached a point to forgive those who are so self-absorbed, because I can’t tolerate their ignorance. At the same time, I haven’t yet let go of their image. I am learning to understand how honesty, or in some cases deceit, influences my approach with people. There are moments I wish I could have acted differently or perceived their intentions more accurately. My sense of loss might have been less of a burden had I known any better, sooner.

Previously, I thought I had the potential to build stronger, substantial relationships in my adult life, because I’ve been mentally maturing. Perhaps in my naivety, I give others too much credit and my expectations end up much greater than things that aren't meant to be. I’m not asking people to befriend me on the journey ahead, nor do I expect them to understand. I don’t see myself making many friendships at this time, as I’m focusing on my growth instead of someone else. It just so happens that I don't see those people as part of it anymore. It leaves me Disappointed and Sorry.

- - - - -
* "Two Wrongs" & "Wont Grow" are anagrams of each other.

Related Content:
http://atcampiris.blogspot.com/2018/05/a-sis-stance.html - A Sis’ Stance
https://atcampiris.blogspot.com/2018/03/loyalty-over-something-temporary.html - "LOST" (2/2)
https://atcampiris.blogspot.com/2018/03/weeds-among-roses.html - "WAR" (1/2)
https://twitter.com/puremystery/status/1043296557515210752 - Photographic inspiration by Kai Sutton, Edited by Me.

Comments