They Exist

How defeating is it to communicate with someone you care about, but they aren't responsive. The feelings don't have to be reciprocated, but why do we receive radio silence? I know people have their own, personal agendas, but why put in any effort if there's No Signal? The fact is, I don't like giving up on people, so I suppose I'm at fault for investing that kind of time. I wish they understood it though.

Sometimes we trick ourselves when faced with heart-racing infatuation; adoring someone so much that we ignore their imperfections and flaws. I realize we may be blinded by our own emotions, but who doesn't do that when they're overwhelmed with excitement? For the longest time, I thought that maybe we're sending signals to people who don't know that we exist. That lonely feeling, when you've been trying to gain attention and express your affections, but to no avail.

I came to the realization that perhaps the person on the other side acknowledges us differently. As in, they know that we exist, but choose not to engage. When these picture perfect images exist within our mind, firstly, they're hyper-fantasized depictions. Admittedly, we look lovingly toward these people, but they probably cannot see through the same rose-colored lenses. It could very well be a blessing and a curse to appreciate on so many levels, but we forget they only Exist within us.

Excerpt from a poem I wrote some years ago-
"Let’s be honest and don’t get it twisted:
I admire you still, but remain distanced,
because I never knew; to you I existed,
I had an opportunity and totally missed it."
- - - - -

Related Content:
http://atcampiris.blogspot.com/2017/08/poetry-conversing-hardships.html - "Conversing Hardships"
http://atcampiris.blogspot.com/2017/06/poetry-nice-companion.html - "Nice Companion"

Comments