Energy Vampire

This Year, I noticed energy-vampires have become prominent in my daily life; individuals who feed on another person's positive vibrations. In my experience, they tend to be highly egotistic and focus on all the things that are "wrong" in their life. As much as I try to find some silver lining, they make every excuse to deny that it exists for them. It’s difficult to sense who does this and even more exhausting as you become surrounded by them. I know that there will be people I won't be able to help, as long as disappointment rules them.

Through these experiences, I have learned to shield myself when necessary. I'm most inclined to be emotionally absent when an energy-vampire preys, similar to when rodents play dead. I sense that my attention is what they feed on, as these people seek to exploit sympathy. I'd say I exercise this most often within team-oriented settings, as I do not tolerate selfish motivations. Over time, I've learned to be present and attentive, without giving others complete access to my emotional reservoir. I'm developing this unique armor on a foundation of resilience.

Navigating safely out of these situations has forced me to see and own myself completely: to accept that my presence is extremely valuable. Reclaiming personal Time and Energy has been challenging and even scary, but it is also proving to be very rewarding. To rediscover pieces of myself that I once lost, but relearn the joys that come with each experience. It is empowering to realize how strong, independent and unique I can be. As I start growing more comfortable in my skin, I see now that it is vital to protect myself - From predators hidden in plain sight.

"Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer -- both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams." - Bram Stroker, Dracula.

- - - - -
Related Content:

http://atcampiris.blogspot.com/2019/05/prismatic-renaissance.html - Prismatic Renaissance
http://atcampiris.blogspot.com/2019/05/pass-through-purgatory.html - Pass Through Purgatory

Comments