Prismatic Renaissance

When I started alleviating myself of physical possessions, it was initially difficult letting go of things I owned for so long. Once I got comfortable releasing material attachments, I continued because I realized many of those possessions had no real reason to stay. I acted with the idea that I would lighten my load, so it would be easier moving out when that time came. As the migration did not proceed, I was under the impression that I could still find an affordable apartment. I'm yet to locate accommodations within an affordable range ... At the same time, I don't know what's considered reasonable at this point? Either way, I've continued saving for a Future that's yet to come.

Within the past month, I gradually unpacked and resumed daily living at Matic Mountain. This time, I made it a point to reduce the visual stimulation I surround myself with. Whether it's in the form of posters, or even the placement of items around my work space. I started practicing minimalism more, so I might be less prone to distractions, or grow overwhelmed with clutter. When I started to settle, I realized that being absent of material possessions cleared my physical dwelling and mental space as well. My mind reflects the bare, beige walls of the bedroom; most easily identified and associated with a clean slate. The challenge that I face now, seems to be remembering myself.

In the process of evaluating necessities and core values, my personal interests had gotten lost along the way. It's a strange sensation to revive old hobbies, like my love for drawing or writing poetry, for example. I know everyone experiences some kind of mental blocks now and then, but this one is especially difficult. It's unusual returning to something I knew and appreciated, but not know what to do with it anymore. Understand how challenging it can be, to access the enthusiasm as I once had. Try teaching someone to Love their unique gifts & talents, but they do not see those values present within themselves. It may feel like the End, but this is part of Renewal. A Reintroduction.

I was once passionate about creating art: making illustrations, writing thoughtful entries and poetry. I still enjoy these things, but am currently struggling with satisfaction. I find it challenging when other people's voices drown the sound of my conscious - giving people power over my presence. Their words and tones may dictate my course of action - "Sticks and Stones may break my bones," but words can penetrate the mind. Deep down inside, I know that I should continue doing what's best for myself, regardless of what others say. I may have to silence everything before I can resume the activities that once brought me joy.

I hope June will be better. I hope I start to Remember.

- - - - -
Related Content:

http://atcampiris.blogspot.com/2019/05/pass-through-purgatory.html - "Pass Through Purgatory"
http://atcampiris.blogspot.com/2019/04/poetry-sharing-vision-equally.html - Poetry - (SAVE)
http://atcampiris.blogspot.com/2019/04/wishing-well.html - "Wishing Well"

Comments